Keyless entry/ auto door lock failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry/ auto door lock failure

theboy455

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
I recently had a power failure of sorts in my 96' XLT. The keypad for the exterior door code has lost power, there is no keyless romote functions and the doors that usually lock over 20mph have stopped locking automatically. I can only assume that this is a fuse/relay issue. I looked for a fuse or relay in my box and found only an accessory relay that might be the problem. Has anybody else had this problem or have any suggestions on a repair. Thanks

My '97 developed the same problem several months ago. I checked all of the associated fuses that I knew of, and then some. I wondered about the module, which I believe is mounted in the back. I think it's accessible through the jack compartment. There was a post about it I read one time. Sorry, that's as far as I got, but I'd love to hear if you find the solution. Mine stopped working when I reconnected the battery to do some work on the truck. I never touched anything related to the remote or security system, far as I know.

Back