Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer.

dealers should give in a little on the small stuff and be friendly with the customer.

I agree, that would be nice.

My dealer did program the new key and remote for free that I purchased for my 07 Explorer (spare). But they know I just paid $89 at parts counter for the items.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too just purchased a used 2008 Mounty without the code. Got my mirror and mini flash light in there just like the picture. I looked to no avail. the bar code was easy to see, but no other numbers. I came back to this post and rechecked what I was doing. The second time I thought I could see numbers barely, but couldn't read them. THEY WERE COVERED WITH A THIN LAYER OF DUST !! Brown/tan numbers disappear on the black background with a touch of dust added. Gotta have faith! Thanks for the info!

I do not have the keyless code for my 2008 ford explorer
where is it located on this truck
Found mine on the fuse block that is under the lh side of the dash by the e brake close to the body use a mirror to look in there and you will see light grey numbers and also go back towards the dash and you will find the 5 digit numbers on there also on a white piece of paper

Hello everyone..I just bought an 06 Explorer and have the same problem...so is it safe to assume that I will find my code on the fuse block under the dash as described in this chat ? Thanks in advance

To all those that help, I just purchased a 08 Sport Trac, I have the code but it will not unlock the door. What might the problem be?

To all those that help, I just purchased a 08 Sport Trac, I have the code but it will not unlock the door. What might the problem be?

It's possible the previous owner changed the code. You may have to take it to a dealer to get it scanned.

You cant change the original code. you can only add new codes, up to 4 I do believe. If you get forscan and a elm327 that is ford compatible you can pull the code, or you can find the matrix and follow it if you have a key.

Let's see if the system even works, try locking the truck by pressing the last 2 buttons at the same time. I think it is labeled 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time should lock the doors

Thank you vipersinu2, it appears the system does work, now what should I try?

Thank you vipersinu2, it appears the system does work, now what should I try?
does keypad light up when pressing buttons? I cant speak for the 4th generation trucks, but I know on the 3rd generation trucks, the wiring harness was breaking inside the door. do all the door controls work for the windows and locks mirrors?

you might have to pull off door panel and check for voltage at the molex connector.

check fuse under the driver dash F2 it 5 amp fuse for the SJB (smart junction box)

Back