• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry code?

FordLover

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Any idea where to find the door code? looked around some, no idea where to find it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might be in the owner manual or you have to go to the dealer and they have to plug in to your car to get it out. The older fords had a tag but I dont think there doing that any more.

the first link brought up this
error 500: Interner Serverfehler

Das angegebene Skript konnte nicht fehlerfrei ausgeführt werden!

Thanks for the info, guess I'll have hit up the dealer.

Sorry the link didn't work. I didn't have time to check it. However I just searched again and had many pages when I looked for 'keyless entry code' one was for a 3rd gen like yours. Try it and pick a link. Seems like it might be on the passenger door panel.

Turns out it's 'in' the computer only. have to get it read by the dealer.

There is usually a small sticker on the computer in the rear access panel on the drivers side in the trunk area where the rear washer bottle is. At least it is that way for my 97. It might be the same way for your truck. Check there.

On the 02-05 Current model line, the number is located on the passenger side behind the C pillar trim. You may have to take some of the trim off to get the code. I'm not 100% sure but I do know its there according to some members.

I had to find mine after I got the X. The dealer wanted some huge amount of $$ to plug in thier scanner and read it. It is on the C pillar. Just pull the weather stripping back and release the top trim piece. It's on a little computer module back there.(on a sticker) I had the link above bookmarked, but it doens't seem to work.(it used to) If you do a quick search on google you'll save a bunch of $$.

yeah this was the first question I had for the forum and airjeff is correct pull off the rear passanger door weatherstripping and remove the two clips holding the trim peice on if you have a small mirror long enough this all that you really need to do ,but its tight very tight I dropped my mirror twice while trying to see the numbers and it took me longer to recover my mirror than it took to get the code also it took me a couple of min.s to figure out the 2's from 5's since I was looking in a mirror upside down but there it was good luck

Back