Keyless Entry Keypad Replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Keypad Replacement?

cgrady17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey Everyone,

My keyless entry keypad has officially stopped working. At first the 7-8 and 9-0 still worked with a few tries but now none of the buttons work. I am assuming I will have to replace the entire pad and so I am asking if anyone knows where I can get a replacement? Besides a junk yard.

Any help would be awesome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Everyone,

My keyless entry keypad has officially stopped working. At first the 7-8 and 9-0 still worked with a few tries but now none of the buttons work. I am assuming I will have to replace the entire pad and so I am asking if anyone knows where I can get a replacement? Besides a junk yard.

Any help would be awesome!

Other than JY, dealer is probably your only other alternative.

Yup.

I'd find a pick 'n pull yard and get one out. Grab one from a newer Ex, like a 2001+ sport with the newer individually lit buttons. I might have one in the garage now that I think about it...

I Just replaced mine as a matter of fact, not hard to do and found an awesome looking doner from a U-Pull-N-Pay that still lit up (mine didnt anymore.) cost me 10 bucks and for that price... how could you go wrong?

Side note: I also replaced my mirrors, as one was "adjusted" in place with tin foil... -_- and the other would barely adjust up and down, 2 new key fobs, and a Center Console door/armrest that wasnt tore all to hell, unbelieveable I found that one huh??

Alright, thanks everyone. I'll just look around at a local junk yard!

Back