Keyless entry pad code location | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry pad code location

what about an 06 f-150 my buddy has one and he wants to find out what the code is

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an '02 XLT and the door code just stopped working. The lights (on the pad) come on but the code will not unlock the door(s). I can still push the bottom buttons to lock it, just won't unlock. Anyone have this problem and how do I fix it??

Well, guys, this happened to me too. I replaced a few engine sensors and unplugged the battery to clear the codes. When I plugged the battery back in, the keypad quite working. I found the factory code with my manual, it didn't work. I pulled the trim panel to find the code on the security module, it was the same code, and it didn't work.

So to re-hash, i plugged the battery in, and it killed my code. the pad will lock the doors, and light up, but it won't unlock anything :(

Please post if you have solved this problem before.

Well, guys, this happened to me too. I replaced a few engine sensors and unplugged the battery to clear the codes. When I plugged the battery back in, the keypad quite working. I found the factory code with my manual, it didn't work. I pulled the trim panel to find the code on the security module, it was the same code, and it didn't work.

So to re-hash, i plugged the battery in, and it killed my code. the pad will lock the doors, and light up, but it won't unlock anything :(

Fellas this sounds exactly what happened to mine. Hopefully someone posts a fix.

BigRondo, tried it the way the Owner's Man says, but after reading it carefully this method is for adding a second code to the KES. Is there a way to reprogram the original code or do I need a new control box?

I found the numbers and tried all the above and other internet post on how to change, erase old personal numbers and still does nothing. The only thing I can do is lock the doors with holding the bottom two buttons......

Fellas this sounds exactly what happened to mine. Hopefully someone posts a fix.

I would start by disconnecting the negative cable on the battery and leave it off to see if this resets the computer.

If this fixes the issue, then you can program a personal code. The instructions are in the owner's manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

Here you go:

KeypadProgramming1Custom.jpg

KeypadProgramming2Custom.jpg

I'll see what my shop manuals have to say about the keypad not working and post and pertinent info.

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

It would still light up as long as the 12V wire & the ground wire are still intact.

Try pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time. This should lock all doors:

Dead Link Removed

Double check to make sure you have the correct factory code. If you're sure you have the correct factory code and you still can't get it to work, then check again for broken wires. Make sure the connector for the keypad is fully seated.

I'll see if I can scan the keypad wiring diagram for you when I get home this evening.

I'll take that diagram if you're still offering! I have no power going to the keypad.

Actually, like another person has said, I checked my keypad when it was pitch black out and son of a gun if it didn't light up! I was shocked. The interior lights went on when I touched the outside keypad, but I couldn't get any responses from typing in any combinations of numbers. I even tried to lock the doors pressing the bottom two numbers simultaneously and as stated above with the door closed, with no response. Going to tackle getting the code from the security system box in the door pillar in the next few days (rain forecasted for now). It would be cool to figure this one out! Thanks for all help!

I should be able to scan the diagram tonight when I get home.

Thank you Sir, but why don't we hold off (unless it is easier for you to do tonight) until I try getting the factory code in the next few days? This forum has been a life saver for me and my Explorer!

Well, I found the code and it doesn't work. I tried everything listed and went online to see as well, but nothing works! It does not seem to be the same code. Maybe somebody changed it out at one point? I did everything and am as frustrated as ever!

You can add a personal code, but the factory code is there forever. Doesn't matter what goes down. The factory code is always there.

I'm gonna go ahead and scan the wiring diagram and any troubleshooting info from my shop manuals.

Hope you can get it going!

You can add a personal code, but the factory code is there forever. Doesn't matter what goes down. The factory code is always there.

I'm gonna go ahead and scan the wiring diagram and any troubleshooting info from my shop manuals.

Hope you can get it going!

There was only one 5-digit number on the front of the security control box that was behind the middle passenger seat. I tried and don't get why it won't work. I'll look forward to the info, thanks man!

i just did it and you dont have to take apart anything !!!!!!!!!! all ya do is take the piece that holds the carpet in off it pops right off then ya peel back the weather stripping and you can pull it out enough with your bare hands and take a look !!! just dont pry on it or you will break it

lots of locations for explorer security box how about a location for sport trac codes??

Location for Keyless Pad Codes

They sell a small camera with scope which has alight on it that you could stick down rather than having to remove the bottom panel.

There was only one 5-digit number on the front of the security control box that was behind the middle passenger seat. I tried and don't get why it won't work. I'll look forward to the info, thanks man!

Did I ever send you the info for this? :dunno:

Thanks i found my code the other day

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found my code today. Thanks. Only took 5 minutes start to finish and that was with my 4 year-old "helping" me.

Back