KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING & KEYPAD...HELP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING & KEYPAD...HELP!!!

BIG COUNTRY

Reaction score
City, State
EIELSON AFB, ALASKA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLS 4x4
Hi, I got a 98 explorer...that did not have a keyless entry option...I got the keypad and module off of a 99 since 98-2000 explorers use the same transmitter....and i also bought the remote with programming procedures off of ebay and on it, it explains...for programming...

Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in Run. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Now, what about the keypad??? how can I put in a code??? or does it just remembers the factory code???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi ! you code should be on the black box in the jack compartment....check it on the back of the box..you will need a flashlight and some patience.

On the black box...you mean the RAP Module?

Yep! It should be on the RAP module.

thanks alot...i installed it all in this weekend, and while i had the door panel of, i got a couple of courtesy lamps from a junkyard and put them in as well, works great... the keyless entry works like a charm, it works and the keypad, i am putting two in one on each side...and they both work...found the code...there was one number that wasnt on it but i figured it out...thanks alot...
well....i am almost having this XLS to a limited...

so far i installed:

Factory Fog Lights
Autodim/Autolamp Rear View Mirror
Overhead Console
Courtesy Lamps
High Series Console
Message Center
Rear Passenger Lamps
Factory Keyless Entry
Rear Wiper Bottle and Motor (just about done)

so far i need:

power lumbar seats (got the memory switch, and passenger side power seat track...looking for a drivers side memory power seat track.
Air Ride Control...(i dont think i am gonna put this in, too much complications...) but i got the module and switch...
EATC: I got the module, the sensors i just need the speed controller and hoses to the blower motor...

anything else i am missing besides the reduntant steering wheel contols for the stereo?

Dang!!! You've done a lot the past few months!!

Let me know about the memory seats.

will do....also, probaly this weekend, i need to somehow figure out how i can get to the relay box that is under the dash in the back so i can wire up that autolamp wire to those three relays...
also, there is a memory seat at a junkyard, but it is off a 95...the switches are different but im gonna call the dealer and see if it would fit...

Back