• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Question

Michael260

Reaction score
City, State
Montpelier
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I love the keyless entry where I don't even have to take the key fob out of my pocket. As long as the key fob is within 3 feet of the door, just grabbing the door handle unlocks the door. However... what do I do if I want to lock myself in the car, keeping people out. As long as the key fob is in the vehicle with me, can't anyone just open the door? Am I missing something here?

a valid question! Let's see what the elites say. I do not have FOB.

I love the keyless entry where I don't even have to take the key fob out of my pocket. As long as the key fob is within 3 feet of the door, just grabbing the door handle unlocks the door. However... what do I do if I want to lock myself in the car, keeping people out. As long as the key fob is in the vehicle with me, can't anyone just open the door? Am I missing something here?
I decided to call my salesman, and got the answer. He explained that as long as the key fob was INSIDE the car, the doors would not unlock from the outside. I tested it out and he was correct. Cool technology!

Back