• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry remote

Gse Brent

Reaction score
City, State
Small Wonder
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Anybody have any problems with their remotes? Mine stopped working so i went out and bought a battery but that didnt fix it either. So i just ordered a new remote off ebay hoping that will fix it. For now i've just been using the entry pad on the door cuz the key wont turn the lock. Got that door lock problem but only on the drivers side. The only thing that works is the press button door entry. :scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no but mine has a ****ty range on it
have to be right on top of it to evan work lol

Haha call me redneck for even saying this but if you have filled cavaties in your mouth hold the remote to your mouth and you'll get better results. Haha dont judge me, works for me at least.

my door locks will work for awhile if i spray them down with lubricant, but i just use the keypad and remote too much to keep them broken in. hopefully the new remote will solve your problem.

if the key wont turn the lock, have you checked to see if there is something jamming the mechanism and keeping your remote from flipping the lock?

No the key wont turn the lock but the keyless entry pad will open the door, kinda odd i know right. Anyway bought a brand new keyless entry remote off ebay and programmed it myself. Works great and it was only like $9. Feels so amazing to just have that, its the little things in life.

Back