Keyless Entry Transmitter Programing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Transmitter Programing

stcmtemn

Reaction score
City, State
Port Orchard WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 1997 XLT 1996 EB
I just purchased a 1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition.

If came with out the Entry Code or Transmitter.

I found the Entry code where it belongs.

I aquired a used transmitter from a ford dealer (used and at no cost)

I put my key in the ignition, turned the key on and off five times, locks cycled, I pressed any (and all) keys on the transmitter, nothing.

I replaced the batteries prior to starting the programing AND I have checked to make sure they are in the right way.

so....can anyone help me figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post all of the information on the back of the remote. You may not have the correct one.

TRANSMITTER 1
FCC ID: CQ43VT4T
DOC: 1470 K763
TRW Inc 3165189

Looks correct

So why would they not work, one of them works with my other 97 XLT

I put my key in the ignition, turned the key on and off five times, locks cycled, I pressed any (and all) keys on the transmitter, nothing.

you went from Off to ON 5 times and ENDED in the ON position, correct?

Yes,

FWIW I just successfully programed the FOB on my wifes 97XLT with no issues, however my 96 EB will not accept the programing

They should program the same and either remote work with both. Have you tried programming the 97 remote to the 96?

Yes, and it did nothing as well

You have checked the fuses? (#12 20A in the under hood fuse box,#20 7.5A interior box)Check and be sure the remote antenna is plugged into the RAP module firmly. The RAP module is located on the left rear quarter panel behind the interior trim panel. That's about all you can do without a NGS tester.

Question, if the car is RAP module is telling me that it is in program mode, wouldn't the fuse be okay?

There is no Maxi fuse in splace number 12 under the hood.

Looked at a diagram, what was listed as #12 on the truck is listed as #3 in the diagram, 50a Auto Ride Control System.

You have mail.@ gmail.

Let me know how it goes. I have to check out for the evening.

Back