• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Keyless Entry?

JeffNJ94Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Middlesex, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 5MT
I see people on ebay selling keyless entry remotes with instructions on how to program them to your explorer. I assume for these to work, your truck will need to have come with the keychain remotes from the factory. I bought my explorer used and was not given any remote buttons. Whats the easiest way to tell if my truck did come with the keyless entry? And if it did, can I just buy these remotes off ebay?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

EMG7895

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 xlt, 93
If it doesnt have the keypad on the drivers door it doesnt have keyless. And if you dont have factory keyless and you want to add it and/or remote start you need 2 relays because you have 5 wire door locks

JeffNJ94Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Middlesex, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 5MT
nope. no keypad, guess i'll just have to use the key to open the door. The horror of it all!:p:

spdy0001

Reaction score
City, State
New Cumberland / PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Sport / 5 speed
Just don't lock it, Problem solved ;)

Lt.Jim

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Central Pennsylvania/NorthernMaryland