• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry?

watt9386

Reaction score
City, State
Croydon, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt & 97 sport
My explorer came with factory keyless entry. Over the years the pod was lost and now I just have the door key. I'd really like to get the keyless entry working (cause I nitpick) is there anyway I can do this myself? I searched and nothing about doing it yourself came up (I'm on forumrunner FWIW) thanks for putting up with me guys. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It says in the first line of the product description that the programming instructions come with it.

1994 Ford Explorer Keyless Entry Remote - brand new. Programming instructions are free and included with the purchase of this remote control. Price above is quoted for one replacement keyless entry remote. This 1994 Ford Explorer key fob will only operate on vehicles already equipped with a factory keyless entry system. If you are not sure about that please contact us via email or your local dealer parts department to find out based on the VIN# of your vehicle. All remote transmitters include a battery, are tested before shipped and covered with 90 days 100% satisfaction guarantee and warranty. Quoted above is an average dealer price including programming of this 1994 Ford Explorer remote keyfob.

runningred92 said:
It says in the first line of the product description that the programming instructions come with it.

1994 Ford Explorer Keyless Entry Remote - brand new. Programming instructions are free and included with the purchase of this remote control. Price above is quoted for one replacement keyless entry remote. This 1994 Ford Explorer key fob will only operate on vehicles already equipped with a factory keyless entry system. If you are not sure about that please contact us via email or your local dealer parts department to find out based on the VIN# of your vehicle. All remote transmitters include a battery, are tested before shipped and covered with 90 days 100% satisfaction guarantee and warranty. Quoted above is an average dealer price including programming of this 1994 Ford Explorer remote keyfob.

I didn't even read that. :eek: I guess ill go for the used one. Thanks man. That's awesome for rainy days!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Back