• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Remote Installation

hippyheart

Reaction score
City, State
West Plains, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
I have a '94 Explorer with a keyless remote that will do the locks and start the engine. I think it is an aftermarket product and when I looked it up on a thread, my pad did not match any on the page. The pad on my key ring is rectangular with two buttons with a small light in between where it flashes when I hit the button. The button on the left has the Roman number 1 on it as in(I), the second button has the same except for 2 hence (II). Underneath all it says is AUTOSTART. The box under my driver's side panel is a 3 3/4 inch by 4 1/2 black box with no markings. It has a plug-in, a connector, five wires (red, yellow, purple, orange and red again). It also has a series of three different flat prongs, 1st - 7 prongs, 2nd and 3rd - 4 prongs each. Two wires came into the engine compartment, one, the negative wire and the other a wire that was connected to a yellow with a white striped wire running from my connector into my ignition coil. Is this the correct way to wire it in? I assume it has to be a wire from the EEC that is a continuous live wire. Is this correct. I think the plug-in on the back black box goes to the antenna now that I think of it. Please help me with this if you can and also the correct way to reprogram it. Do you jump it from the 2 wires in the back driver's side compartment? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I found my remote on the web! It is an aftermarket called AUTOSTART ST6B, 305mhz. Costs $60.00. But now I'm trying to find the wiring instructions without having to pay for an $80.00 computer disc that covers every wiring instruction from the 1st remote! Help anyone? Thanks

You mean programming instructions? They should give them to you with the remote. You can probably find a manual at Autostart's site for download.

If you dont get an asnwer I have installed 2 autostarts in my Ex's and I have the wirring diagrams and instructions out in my rolling toolbox I can give the info tomorrow.

Hello AlaskanJack! If you don't mind, please send me the wiring diagrams! I've serched the web and I haven't found anything that doesn't require money! I tried to hook it up again and all I'm getting is that my engine starts up and then about a minute later dies. It keeps repeating itself until I hit the kill switch. My door locks aren't operating at all. When I bought my Explorer, there was not any instructions to it. Thanks for the help! My e-mail is hippyheart62@yahoo.com if you want to send it there. Thanks again!

Thanks huskyfan23. Couldn't find any info on my Autostart remote.

how good is that Bulldog Security Alarms? anyone have one here...

Hippy do you still need me to post the info or did the bulldog info answer your questions?

Still need it AlaskanJack! Thanks

Hey AlaskanJack! How ya do'in? Actually, what I need is where the two wires off the connector hook up to on what in the engine compartment. Thanks

Back