Keyless Remote | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Remote

ricklee4570

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Did the 94 models come with keyless remotes? I just bought my 94 about 4 months ago, do not have any remote for it. Just came with keys. I have seen some remotes for sale on e-bay, was curious if they would work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tho my knowledege is somewhat limited on the remotes ( i would really like to know my self if i got the module or not ...have to take off my rear driver interior panle to tell ) but thats where the control module for the remotes is located at . i'm betting i dont (cause i dont have the dash light for it ) but .... when you start your x do you see a " thieft" light come on anywhere on the dash ?? if you do ,then i think that the control module for the remotes is already there .now with all these trucks they came pre-wired for options that you may not already have so if you don't have the remote module then maybe you can find one and plug it in ( should just be a simply matter of plugging in a new part to the elctrical system ...then go buy new remotes for it and program them to it )

hopes this helps........

btw: i was in west v.a. last tuesday picking up a new pet ! :party:

I got a remote for my 94. Its cool

I beleive you can See the module by removing the rear hideaway panel were the bottle jack is stored.

Remove the access panel and and look back in there toward the front of the vehicle.

I hAve also heard this referee to as a 4x4 module but I don't know if that was just guesswork someone elses part.

I think thats the 4x4 because i can here it click when i engage my 4x4.

I added an aftermarket keyless remote entry to my 94 made by Valiant. Got it from JC Whitney for $39. Was a little tricky to wire but not too bad, and now I couldn't live without it.

Back