kicker vs alpine???

carlover

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
i wanna buy a single 12 for the ex. i already the amp its a kicker kx600.1 it 600 rms at 2 ohm. ive narrowed it down to two subs, a kicker l7 solobaric, or an alpine type r. i listen to mostly rock and heavy metal so which one do you guys think will sound best for me??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In truth, unless you've got amp'd speakers both will be wayyyy too much. My truck has only got a 375W RMS Infinity Kappa 10.1, and its already almost too bassy. I have to turn the sub down a lot for it to not sound bad.

I'd go with the Kicker of the Type R though if you're set on it.

kicker l7 all the way.... very good all around sub...600 watts will rock that..... good luck

depends on what you are looking for. the kicker (i just got one) is one loud sub, im running 500 rms to it, its a really good hit, great for rap in a ported box. If you want a really clean hit, go with the alpine in a sealed box.

I am running a single 12 L5 and I love it. Its in a 1.8 prefab ported box

Yea since most rock doesnt imply alot of bass....dont go for too loud....im about to experience those problems in a few days when I put my 2 CVR15's in....good luck tho

my highs are amp'd by a kicker kx 350.4 so thats taken care of. i just dont want alot of boom boom and ive heard the l7 is just that. not sure im gonna do some more research into a 12 inch sub.

Both of those subs are a lot of boom boom. They're both top level subs that are very good at what they do. If you don't want a lot of boom boom, I'd say just get a less higher end sub, and turn your gain down so you don't overload the sub. More than likely with 600W of subs, you're gonna turn the subs down a lot since theyll be too much boom boom.

You've got to realize when you ask a message board "Which One To Get?", all you are going to get is OPINIONS

Back