Kill List | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kill List

Do we have a Kill list??.. If not.. Post em..
I know some of you guys have been to tracks... what have you guys beaten and been beaten by...

Also list what you have done to your truck incase its not in your sig. In the cases of expo5.0 and especially Troll..don't bother listing what you got under your hoods... we all know :drool: lol
Troll

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be the first to go I guess.

91 Nissan Stanza, Stock, 200K miles.

Oh wait.......you meant the cars we killed......sorry don't have any of those.

porshe 911 turbo. only cus it was rush hour traffic on the expressway and i went on the shoulder.. lol. that was with my 96 eb 4x4. nothing with my 00.

The last time I went to the track I ran the 5.0 Mounty against a Durango R/T and beat him each time. Smoked countless Civics, Integras, my friends new Pathfinder, ummm. some more or actually a lot of ricers. Killed a Civic at the track on two runs and the kid had an cold air intake, dc headers and exhaust. Proves one thing, trucks may be heavy, but you can't beat the torque they have off the line, especially the 5.0 and 3.73 gears. I have my times in another post and my neighbors 02' Explror times, I'll find them and paste them here.

Oh geez, don't make me inflate my ego 'til my head explodes

many vehicles have been Dead Link Removed by Splat!

you beat a durango r/t? those things move..

my favorite kills are audi's mercedes and bimmers, TT's, Z3's, A4's, 325s, and that little hatch back mercedes thing etc. and one 328ci (the guy got nervous i guess and must not have driven well, but then my engine stuck two injectors and it cost me 1,000 to fix it), stangs and f-bodies, and dodge trucks, are always fun too. You should see the looks on 5.9 cherokee drivers faces when you keep up, let alone show em the midwest-xplorers.com sticker...

one time i raced an H1, i bet you can guess how that ended. lol:D

my favorite kill of all time for sure though was a BLACK SALEEN XP8! cobra (well fake cobra) vs saleen and the good guys won!

Originally posted by jssong
you beat a durango r/t? those things move..
move, hah, try about 8.3 seconds to 60. The R/T only has 5hp more than the regular 5.9. I've seen quite a few at the track, some with mods and the best I've seen one run was 15.8 and he had mods on his truck. Their 4 speed is lethargic and it's heavy. People make them out to be quick, but their not, actually last week I went for a ride in a kids Dakota R/T at school and was not impressed at all and he had a crapload of Mopar upgrades and said the best he ever ran was a 15.6, they had a test a while ago with the Dakota R/T's and almost all the guys had a lot of mods on their trucks and could only run mid 15's to low 16's with a few breaking into the 14's using NOS.

hey expo.. what exactly do u have done to ur car.. one day i hope to have my x half as fast as urs.. and about a quarter as fast as trolls :p

Only person I've raced was a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP on a S curve road course. Yes, I beat him, but not with speed, but with handling.

I wasted my friends 99 Jetta. He bought his Jetta a month after I got my Sport, so he was begging me to race him, man that thing's slow. Man ir felt goodto shut him up after that:D BTW, it's a 4 cyl 5 speed.

I've beat 3 integras that were "modded"... i guess thats what that shinny cannon was under it... and countless civics. I don't know why people still think they are fast. beat by a OHV explorer.... jeez. And uhm, thats all really... most other cars that will race have beat me :)

Um... I beat my sister... as she was riding her bike :rolleyes: And that was about it... my trucks are slow :cool:

I owned my friends '74 Caprice Estate wagon in my OHV 95. course the wagon outweighs the Ex by a good 1,000 pounds and is currently powered by my 305, so 200 horsepower is not enough to motivate 5,200 pounds of steel very quickly. May have to see what he does when he gets that 454 built for it.

His '79 El Camino owns my Explorer, umm my neighbors Civic, with the help of a 383. but the fastest he's ran in the 1/4 was in the low 15s (carb problems at the time, since ironed out)

dont have a whole lot done to my x but ive lost to many camaros ( racing for the heck of it)

beat:

firebird
blazer
gmc suburban(dumbass racing that big thing)
my friends 5.0 mounty

Lost to:
Camaro(raced for the heck of it )
v8 silverado( chick had a lead foot i tell ya)

in short i've opened up the air flow with bolt-ons and added an e-303 cam. but i've spent a lot of time on other little things that alone don't make any difference, but all together help. also, i did very serious weight reduction when i went to the track (think two days of work taking it apart and puttin git back together).

also, i do beat many people because the combination of the badges, the noise, and the awd launch make them give up despite the fact that they'd soon pass me by if they stayed with it. but once their behind they just quit

EXPO5.0 - didn't you run in the 104mph range in the 1/4? How the heck did you pull that off? Thats ls1 and n/a Cobra territory.

Good job on that run, your truck is like tuned perfectly for being n/a. Musta suprised the heck outta everyone at the track:D How hard does your truck launch with the e-303 cam? I'm guessing with that cam and awd, pretty damn hard.

sounds like a lot of people here have an impressive kill list, I uh.. have a killed by list, but.. heh, thats irrelevant

keep up the good work yall

I can kill my friends Heep YJ:D:rolleyes: LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2001 Mercedes Benz ML420 - stoplight to lane merge (about 1/4 mi).

He beat me just barely off the line, then I took over.

Back