Kind of funky, but did anyone notice.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kind of funky, but did anyone notice....

LeFurg

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Fusion SE
Lol.

Is it just me or did Ford not paint (Photoshop) the chrome strips between the grille louvers for the 2014 Explorer Limited in photo 24 of 48 (the color is "Dark Side")?

(In this photo father and son are crouched by a pond, mother and daughter are walking toward car with liftgate open)

If you look at the rims, it's definitely a Limited model, not an XLT. The chrome strip on the side of the vehicle (lower side cladding) is there, but not between the louvers on the grille. huh. Ooops....

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/gallery/photos/

Even when pic is "print screened", copied to "word", edit and pasted, cropped then enlarged for better viewing, the whole grill is bodycolor... in fact the grille looks like it cuts into the daughter's arm a little bit, lol.

I'm not making a big deal of it, I just think it's funny.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are "The" FanBoy of the week !

Lol.

Is it just me or did Ford not paint (Photoshop) the chrome strips between the grille louvers for the 2014 Explorer Limited in photo 24 of 48 (the color is "Dark Side")?

(In this photo father and son are crouched by a pond, mother and daughter are walking toward car with liftgate open)

If you look at the rims, it's definitely a Limited model, not an XLT. The chrome strip on the side of the vehicle (lower side cladding) is there, but not between the louvers on the grille. huh. Ooops....

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/gallery/photos/

Even when pic is "print screened", copied to "word", edit and pasted, cropped then enlarged for better viewing, the whole grill is bodycolor... in fact the grille looks like it cuts into the daughter's arm a little bit, lol.

I'm not making a big deal of it, I just think it's funny.
Just to make your day, it isn't the only one in that page of photos to not show the chrome parts in the grill. That's all I'm saying. Now, on with my life......:D

Peter

yeah, they screwed that up. I remember seeing those photos from the 2011 brochure when that paint color didn't exist.

Back