Kinda explorer related | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kinda explorer related

trooper182

Reaction score
Ok so I know this is not an Explorer but it is a cousin to the explorer. I have the chance to pick up a 2005 Lincoln Aviator with 38000 miles on the clock for a very good price and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I know they were only produced 2003-2005 and from most of the stuff I have read the 03-04 models had some issues but not finding many major issues with the 05. If I buy this then it will be my daily driver other than my bike and the explorer will go to the wife. Any comments would help a lot and if this thread does not belong then I am sorry in advance. Thanks for all your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do it.

My mom has an 04 Ultimate with almost 80K on the clock. It's the nicest SUV I've ever driven. Cabin noise is ridiculously quiet, suspension is great for long trips, seats are just ridiculous. And the 4v 4.6L just roars to life when you get on it; extremely quick.

Aviators are pretty good but you will see same issues as Explorer. They share the same platform but with much more fancy stuff. LS cylinder head problems are common on higher mileage (above 50k).

Aviator= X with heels and lipstick! Dang nice rides, I would love to have one. I wish Lincoln wouldn't have ditched them. The 4th Gen. would be sweet.

STU

Well people I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Aviator. Will let you all know how she rides when I get home in a few days.

Back