Kinda Newb ... prepare to read boredom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kinda Newb ... prepare to read boredom

pur3vil

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer 5.0 AWD
Howdy Folks.

I'm only new here obviously. Saying hi. Married 20 years, 3 grown ( do they ever actually grow up? ) munchkins. 2 dogs a cat and a small fleet that should all be replaced with new vehicles that NEVER break... BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Current fleet consists of a
12 Rogue S AWD ( ~300k )
00 SC2 5sp ( 190k )
09 Silverado 1500 5.3 4x4 ECSB ( 100k)
03 HD VRod ( 27k ... yup it's stock... ish)
07 HD Ultra Classic ( 49k, it's truly MOSTLY stock )
21 Haulmark 8.5x24 ( The new shop to replace the 8x10 metal storage unit I've rebuilt the vrod in three times and the Ultra in once that burned to the ground with 20+ years of tools.)
2 other small trailers that don't really count.

And new to the fleet something I've been after for a while (14 years),
96 Exploder 5.0 XLT AWD. 600 bones. Runs.. Kinda, needs a trans ( imagine that), hoping fresh gas for the auction vehicle and plugs / wires, fix the miss it's got, But I'm assuming the worse ( head gasket) because there's no water in it. Leather interior needs Mr Clean to smile upon it to remove nastiness and puke ( only one spot and it's not really in the carpet, thank goodness. Other then that both left side doors are DONE, But they open and close so will be last on the list. Found a trans with 109k on it for 250 ( will be picking that guy up soon), Anyways. So long story short, now i'm here for research and question asking.

This is my 3rd Exploder. Had a 96 4.0 4x4, and a 91 4x4 as well. Miss both of them. So here's to the new one.

Welcome to the forum. 3 kids over 18 is my description, they never grow up. My dad says the terrible 2s last until they move out and have kids of their own. The 4R70 is a decent transmission, it started to get good in 98 and better in 01.

Welcome. Our fleet is in my signature line below.

Back