King of the Hammers 2016 - Discussion and pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

King of the Hammers 2016 - Discussion and pics

I just looked at the driver list and see Jeremy Hammer is driving for Fly-N-Hi Racing still. I wonder if he remembers anyone from this site? :)

I talked with him briefly during contingency Thursday night. He said he misses his explorer and has thought about getting another one. He has been trying hard to finish this race and this was his year, I believe he was the last official finisher!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe he was the last official finisher!

Maybe he listened to his spotter and/or aired down his tires?

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Great pictures. Would have liked to make it down there this year but it wasn't in the cards. The Monday night shootout wasn't great. Hopefully next year they can get it resolved and do backdoor again or maybe even go up the waterfall ran during qualifying. The live updates online of timing at checkpoints was awesome and better then anything they had in the past.

or maybe even go up the waterfall ran during qualifying.

There was an unofficial run up that waterfall after Power Hour one night. 0 of 3 bouncers made it. It is big! Spectating wouldn't be very good at all in that spot though, way too far away from the action.

Attachments

• DSC_8536.jpg
    DSC_8536.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_8558.jpg
    DSC_8558.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 165

There was an unofficial run up that waterfall after Power Hour one night. 0 of 3 bouncers made it. It is big! Spectating wouldn't be very good at all in that spot though, way too far away from the action.

I'm glad you got pictures of that..:)

On the computer it didn't look nearly as big as what your pictures show. So much for that idea.

Had a great time despite the wind trying to evict everyone Sunday night. I'm still working on my pics and have a write up I'm working on, but for now here's a link to the pics I have ready. https://mrb-photography.smugmug.com/

Great pics guys:chug:

Back