Kitty killed by car. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Kitty killed by car.

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
Hi guys. I just wanted a place to post about my cat that was killed last night. We found him lying in the driveway this morning when I was heading off to work. Not a great way to start the day.
His name was Baxter and he was a great cat with a lot of fun characteristics. I alway knew where I could find him. When I got up in the morning he'd be dozing in the morning light in the hall outside our bedroom door. Then he'd follow me downstairs for breakfast. He'd spend the rest of the day in any number of relaxing spots around the house. He loved to sit in a lap and loved to eat spiders and flys. On a gross connected story he used to sit on my chest until I stuck my tongue out so he could lick it. If I didn't stick out my tongue he'd paw at my face until I did. We rescued him a year and a half ago when he was small enough to fit in my hand. I feel a little scared sharing all this but it feels good to write this all down. Here's a recent picture of him in the yard. We miss him.

Attachments

• baxter-cat.jpg
    baxter-cat.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 270

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

X24

RAMajama
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Valley, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
That's really sad. :( I'm really attached to my cats and dog and don't know what I would do if anything happened to them. Nothing will replace him, but give it some time and you will find another cat that you will love just as much.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Awww... Sorry to hear about the loss, Jon,... Deaths of pets are hard... Tehy are like family members :(

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
sorry to hear this. im very attached to my cat as well. i had a golden retriever that disappeared. so i kinda know how you feel.

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Some friends of mine's cats just dissappeard.... and they are totally miserable. That sucks, I hope you guys get along all right.
Best Wishes
-----Nate

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
Thanks guys. All your kind words are appreciated.

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
Originally posted by zensius
I feel a little scared sharing all this but it feels good to write this all down.

Don't be scared. Many of us here have pets that we consider part of the family. Some of us have also lost a pet recently, and understand exactly how you feel. It made me feel quite a bit better when I posted here about my dog that died in March. Hang in there pal! It takes some time, but it gets easier. Now I can talk fondly about all the good times I had with him without getting overly sad.

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
I'm sorry for your lost, man. Don't really know what to say in situations like this but I just hope things will eventually get better for you.

alphabets13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer Premier
i wish i never read this thread or saw it. i'm totally bummed out now. sorry about your cat man. i would feel the exact same way you do right now if that happenned to my cat. thats one of the reasons i don't let it out of the house. remember, time heals all wounds. hang in there.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
sorry to hear about that! I'm more of a dog man, but I know how attached you can get to a pet and I know how sad it is when they leave.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
sorry to hear it. like matt said above.. i'm a dog person but the idea is the same. a good pet is very hard to let go. harder than it is to let most people go in my opinion. hope your ok and pull through.

stretch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waskom, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8 AWD
Sorry to hear this. :( I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my cats. It was hard enough when I had to give up my dogs because of lack of time I could devote to them. Hang in there.

SmokeGrinder

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Uber Of All Possible Doom
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 4X4
sorry man, i know how you would feel. i am more of a dog man and i dont know what i would do if we ever lost our dog..here he is..
eighth_page_whizz.jpg

his name is whizz.. :) dont ask...

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I have cats and everytime I hear tires squealing outside I cringe. I lost my favorite bunny recently and it was tough. He was free range and hadn't been in a cage for years. He was like a little dog.
On a side note, when you mention cats, or that you have one, why does someone always have to say "I hate cats". When you talk about dogs it's never the same. You rarely hear someone say "I hate dogs" I've had several of both, and the cats are way easier to live with.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Oh and since Zenius started this thread to get the lost of a loved pet of his chest I don't want anybody arguing cats vs. dogs or that cats are stupid or whatever. Have a little respect.

99ebex

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Sorry for your loss it is difficult losing a pet, I do own a dog.

I am also cold hearted and have to say why do people need to let their cats roam around outside?

It pisses me off when someone elses cat craps or digs in my flower bed or eats my garbage. Cats should be kept inside or leashed like dogs if this is done then they don't get hit, lost, etc....You may love your cat and I respect that but I don't and I don't want the things in on my property.

Again sorry for your loss.

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
99ebex, I'm sorry that you have such a problem with cats. I admit that I didn't have full control of my cat at all time. I personally have more of a problem with dog owners who LET or encourage their dogs s**t and piss in my yard. Yes, I said encourage. When one takes their dog out for a walk they also know full well that their dog is going to drop a load somewhere. Then they stand there and watch it happen then walk on.
You're welcome to your opinion about cats but I'm sorry that you had to bring this up in this thread. If I wrote a thread about my girlfriend getting hit by a car would you complain that women can be a real pain in the ass and you don't like them?
BTW I don't think my cat was ever on your property.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tommy98016

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sing Sing, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98-016 XP8
Very sorry for your loss