• Register Today It's free!

KKM Intake -- LUV IT !!!!

FJB20

Reaction score
City, State
Phila.,Penna.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Thanx for all your tips CRIZZ -- Just finished putting my KKM Intake on -- I struggled with the old air box gettting out -- I think it was fear of breakin something -- BUT - Let me tell you -- Warrren from KKM walks you through the ordering - Got questions and I had a bunch -- He was right there-----

NOW -- GREAT PRODUCT --Don't here a thing when you're going to the Acme or Wawa -- But stick your foot in it ----- All new car -- Didn't know about the HP increase yet cause I just finished the install an hour ago -- But the sound when ya get into it -- LOOK OUT -- I like sleepers and when I stuck my foot in it --
I saw heads turnin -- LIKE what da hell's in that -- and that was only the first time about 20 min. ago

THANX!!! WARREN for all your Help FJB20@aol.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmm.... maybe ill get one after all...

does the KKM package come with everything or do i need to get other stuff to put it all together?

It comes with everything you need to install it. Its a nice set-up

Just placed the order for mine.... cant wait till it gets here.

You'll need a 10mm box wrench (small) One nut down by the windshiel resevoir and the other on the MAF. They are for the mounting bracket
Then a T-20 torx bit that fits on a nut driver. The is to remove and remount the MAF sensor. Don't muscle it Warren sends you 4 small washers to make sure it's a snug fit
For Me - 45 min. -- But I was afraid of the old air box
Good Luck

When you're finished -- Drive it like a Soccer Mom for a few min. --
Not a sound -- THEN -- stick your foot in it

I know you'll be smilin

On this site -- 2006 Performance Mods Help -- Page 2 -- Plenty of pics -- I ordered mine without the KKM decal - The chrome looks better - I think -- some others may not like the chrome Great Mod and it's sounds great when you get into it -- If you're driving normal ya don't know it's there

FJB20 said:
Thanx for all your tips CRIZZ -- Just finished putting my KKM Intake on -- I struggled with the old air box gettting out -- I think it was fear of breakin something -- BUT - Let me tell you -- Warrren from KKM walks you through the ordering - Got questions and I had a bunch -- He was right there-----

NOW -- GREAT PRODUCT --Don't here a thing when you're going to the Acme or Wawa -- But stick your foot in it ----- All new car -- Didn't know about the HP increase yet cause I just finished the install an hour ago -- But the sound when ya get into it -- LOOK OUT -- I like sleepers and when I stuck my foot in it --
I saw heads turnin -- LIKE what da hell's in that -- and that was only the first time about 20 min. ago

THANX!!! WARREN for all your Help FJB20@aol.com

Man, I can't wait till you get a digital camera!
________
medical marijuana dispensary

Ok.... Just installed my intake. and to paraphraise it..... I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN THING!

The sound, the look, the ease of instillation (for the mst part) and the affect on driving make it a great value.

First off, the instillation took me about 30 minutes, mainly because the instructions dont explain in enough detail how to remove the stock air box, so im going to post a quick picture tutorial for anyone else who might need it.

DSCF5350.jpg

the kit includes the intake, instructions, a support bar, and some washers. The instructions are great until it starts talking about removing the lower half of the airbox, which is held in place mainly by two rubber "lugs". These things suck because theyre rubber, and they fit snuggly into the steel running along the fender. Not only that but you have to lift the box up and out at the same time, using a lot of force to get these stupid things out of their little hole. (see the pictures so see what im talkng about).

The trick is not to be shy about putting all of your weight into this box and youll be done in no time.

DSCF5353.jpg

DSCF5354.jpg

After that the instructions are great and it takes about 3 minutes to get it all hooked up and going. if anyone needs, i can post more pictures, but thats all i think youll need.

DSCF5357.jpg

Okay -- Why the K&N Filter -- Better than the one that came with your KKM Intake ????? If so - Pleez The Part No.

And thanx for posting the pics -- I'm not too good not that stuff -- I asked for the procedure to post but no answer -- I also ordered mine with out the decal -- I like the chrome look under the extremly black hood

I just got mine today and put it on. It took all of twenty mins. to put on. Mine is a 4.0. The only difference I see with the 4.6 is the screws for the MAF sensor use a T-15 torx bit driver. I will post pics.later this week. I let someone borrow my camera. It is a sweet set-up. I LOVE IT!

202878445.jpg

202878440.jpg

This is my 4.0 V6. I LOVE IT. Took about 20 min.to hook up.
2006 Ford Explorer XLT.

No check engine light after installation. Works great!

i was gonna go with k&n's air charger is the kkm better and is that a k&n filter in the kkm or a wannabee?

The filtermaterial KKM uses is the same like K&N, no difference. You can even use the K&N products for servicing the KKM-filter. Had my doubts before ordering my kit, but there´s no need for. It´s great, cheaper than K&N and it´s a complete solution that fits perfect.

ya k&n filter charger is liek 270$ but i was wondering on the performance diffs if anyone knows the kkm looks great but the k&n only shows 3.25hp gain so if the kkm is even less i would sport the extra cash for the k&n if anyone knows let me know thx

hp gain with kkm

there is a guy in this board who works for kkm (may be owns it???)... he claims that one of his customers reported a gain of 9hp on a 4.0L... if that is the case, this product should kick k&n's rear-bumper... I purchased one and I also had all these questions... let's do a search for kkm in the modefied 2002-2005 and deatails... he never presented dyno results or anything to prove...

I guess it'd be good if any body has access to a dyno, may be we can collect $$$ to purchase a kkm and some time in the dyno to put all the rumors to rest...

This is my second kkm (i had one for my '01 sport, and now I put one on my '04 xls) and I have not regrets...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy an intake more for sound than power gain. You'll probably never detect a power gain in real world driving.

Back