Kloppy Klumpy Shock?

Lazzman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport 4wd- V6 Sohc
I replaced all my shocks about four months ago with a pair of Edelbrock's up front and a set of KYB Monomax shocks out back.
The shocks were purchased off an ebay auction from a wholesale broker who liquidates overstocks. I paid about $60 for each shock. When I recieved the front Edelbrock shocks, I was kinda surprised that they compressed rather easily.

Anyhow I installed the shocks and the truck was great for several months. however recently I have been getting a kloppy sound from some of the suspension corners when I hit bumps. All the shocks came in unopened original packaging with all hardware. I am wondering if they could possible have been factory seconds and crapped out on me recently.

How would I know if I was sold a defective pair of shocks? Anyway to tell if they are failing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesn't appear so but it has been way cold around here reaching mid 20's in the day and teens at night.

Thanks for the suggestions i will check today. Is it possible that the gas has leaked out.

My thoughts: ball joints.

Thanks but they were just replaced about 18,000mi ago. Upper and lower.

Back