Klowns 95 4x4 XL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Klowns 95 4x4 XL

Hey everyone, just was browsing the whole site, since I can't sleep, anyway, here is the info on my Explorer for now.

First of all My name is Greg I'm 19 and I live in Gilbert, Arizona. I seem to spend a lot of my spare time just hanging out at my parents house though, in Mesa. I graduated from Highland High in Gilbert, in 2001.

I've had my explorer for about 9 months now, my parents bought it from an old couple, after I was in a freeway accident down by Bank One Ballpark in my Isuzu Trooper. Since it was acquired from an old couple it was in near pristine condition, other than the passenger side door is pushed in 1/2" or so, but no big deal, it runs perfect.

White 1995 XL 4x4
Completely stock on the outside in fact it looks smaller than most explorers heh.

---Inside I have a Pioneer DEH-9300 ( I love it, other than the stupid fading of normal to bright blue, if anyone else has this, you can relate)
---4 12" Pioneer Subs in a custom box I built like 3 years ago. (Kind of annoying, I have no space in the back at all)
---MMats 1748 amp max output Amplifier (The amp is insane pushes my 4 12's like nothing, can be heard from so far away)
---Custom little switch to turn the amp on/off in the cigarette ligher down by the ashtray, I never used the lighter for anything.

That's all I have for now, I'll be making a new box for my subs soon most likely to have more space in the back.

In the next month I'll be doing some pretty major modifications.

Starting tomorrow August 30, 2002 I'll be putting the 3" Body Lift from PA, and be installing a custom exhaust system along with intake. Hoping to have that done by Sunday.

Then the weekend after the that, or after that, I'll be putting on the 4" Suspension lift from Superlift.

Along with new tires and rims, I think I'm going to go with the BFGoodrich M/T tire... 35x12.5
Don't know if I'm going to just get some heavy steel rims cause they are cheap and very trailworthy, or get some nice looking rims.

After that I'll be regearing to 4:56 and putting in a locker, dont' think I want to go No-Slip, prolly be going for a limited slip locker, not sure at the moment.

I'll be adding skid plates, and other random accessories along the ways.

I would like to possibly mount a spare tire on my room since I already have a roof rack up there, any suggestions on how to go about doing that a safe/nice looking way?

I'll have a lot of Before/During/After pictures while this is happening.

I'm sure I left some stuff out, but if I think of anything I'll throw it in there. I should have pix up pretty soon, and alteast when I start the mods.

Thanks for looking

Greg

It sounds like you have a good plan ahead of you. We will be looking forward to pics of your upgrade to "Big Dawg" status. :)

Yep, I hope to get it done asap, and join some people ou ton the trails etc...

It doesn't come cheap though, prolly gonna be throwing near 5 g's at this, I'm sure it'll be a bit more though

It sounds like you are going to get it all done pretty soon. I was hoping to get an end of summer trip through Crown King and/or the Coke Ovens (both near you...:) ) but there hasn't been much interest yet. I was hoping to get a couple AZ guys together to do it, but I don't have enough experience with them to lead, so keep an eye out for that in case it happens. If not, Aquaman was hoping to run some trails in Las Cruces in mid Oct.
Look forward to seeing you out there!
PS; have you bought the Arizona trail book through the book carrier (site sponsor, I think 4x4books.com or something).... anyways it is a great book for the state of AZ trails.

AZ trail run the last week of Sept...

Look at the Trails and Land use board on this site, and you'll see a post re; an AZ run the last week of Sept. Well, as it turns out, Rick (this website owner/administrator) is up for it... Hope to hear from you.

Back