Known Issues / Special Service Messages for 2011 Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Known Issues / Special Service Messages for 2011 Explorer

ooops. I'LL PASTE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1 problem here!

Own 2011 XLT FWD 1200 miles and just 1 issue.

The pressure or wind flap when driving with rear windows down. Must lower the front windows too.

Just took a trip and put 600 on it and towed a basket and all went well.

Towing

I am very impressed with the towing capacity of the 2011 Exp XLT. Handles and pulls Exceptionally well!! Here is the boat hooked up to my rig.. :D

IMAG0307.jpg

I am very impressed with the towing capacity of the 2011 Exp XLT. Handles and pulls Exceptionally well!! Here is the boat hooked up to my rig.. :D

Not having towed before, I did some reading and people mention a "brake controller that you hook into some wires under the dash? Any chance you can elaborate on that, or the need for it, etc and/or what you use?

Thanks in advance!

Not having towed before, I did some reading and people mention a "brake controller that you hook into some wires under the dash? Any chance you can elaborate on that, or the need for it, etc and/or what you use?

Thanks in advance!

Depending on the type of trailer you purchase the breaking system is actually built in to the trailer. so when you connect your wiring harness the breaking system works with your vehicles breaking system. I believe you can purchase a separate breaking system for your vehicle. I am not sure how that works with the trailer that does not have a break system, I am assuming that you have to install that separately on the trailer. Just my two cents I am sure the Members here will keep me honest. ;)

do you know were i can get custom parts for my 2012 ford explorer? I want a custom emblem and possibly some bull bars?

Back