KOH Builds? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KOH Builds?

I see there is an X entered this year in the 4600 stock class at King of the Hammers.

There was a BII that ran a couple years back.

Why don't we have anyone from the forum working on a build for the King of the Hammers? I know we have the fabricators and an X could beat the stock XJ's.

Even a Ranger would work. Perhaps a Forum build where we all get together and chip in?

FYI, They just updated the stock class rules this week. here is the whole rule book link.
https://www.ultra4racing.com/sites/default/files/ULTRA4-rule-book.pdf

Maybe we can get behind the X that is already entered and chip in to help in one way or the other. Thoughts on why or why not? Ideas?

Screenshot_2016-12-03-07-18-53-1.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe list or link the rules for stock class, and an idea what the course would be like. Can there be a trail at the Hammers that a 'stock' vehicle can run??
Where can you see what's entered? Can you see who owns the Ex, or where they are from?

The link for the rule book has been added to op.

The guys are from Apple Valley and I'm hoping to get them on here. There are several trails a stock vehicle can go on at the Hammers but this is for a stock class of 4wd racecars.

Example: if the X or Ranger came with ttb or ifs it would have to stay with that plus it could have any motor or other factory options of its model year...Heck, a mountaineer would be a good build too,

Having no ideas on any of the rules on sponsorship, but would pretty cool to see a Serious Explorations decal across the rig. . . Sponsored by Forum members. . . I'd throw some money at that. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Damn, that rules link hurts my brain, sooo long! They need a half page synopsis, maybe with a few pics as examples. ;)

Speaking of KOH....

Who is going? I'm thinking about it, but don't know if I just to bring JP up for Friday, or take the the whole truck and camper too, and stay at night or so...:confused:

The link for the rule book has been added to op....

Example: if the X or Ranger came with ttb or ifs it would have to stay with that plus it could have any motor or other factory options of its model year...Heck, a mountaineer would be a good build too,

Pretty much this above..add a roll cage, opening doors with secondary latches, stock trans, same shock type set up, you can run an Atlas and 37 max tire size.

Pretty much my Ranger with a cage on 37's and needing to loose a lot of weight. The truck too :)

Safety helmet inspection, fire suit and shoes, and hans devices.

Edited the first post....and it looks like the 4600 class might still be limited to 35" tires..:scratch:

Having no ideas on any of the rules on sponsorship, but would pretty cool to see a Serious Explorations decal across the rig. . . Sponsored by Forum members. . . I'd throw some money at that. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

I plan on meeting up with the team this month and I will check in with Rick after I do as his thoughts on the subject...:salute:

Teaser pics :popcorn:

I spotted the EF hashtag so they've been around here :)

Screenshot_2016-12-14-07-48-20-1.png

Better do something about those quarter pannel and tail lights for protection :snicker:

ooooooo a sport. I like :D

Speaking of KOH....

Who is going? I'm thinking about it, but don't know if I just to bring JP up for Friday, or take the the whole truck and camper too, and stay at night or so...:confused:

I'm going up on Wednesday. Couple of other guys from Pirate running RBVish vehicles are coming too, but not sure on their dates.

I might just miss you...

I will be up there covering a magazine story/photoshoot. If you see my Ranger flag me down.

If I see an Explorer or Ranger out there it's like "Squirrel" and I'm on it :)

I might just miss you...

I will be up there covering a magazine story/photoshoot. If you see my Ranger flag me down.

If I see an Explorer or Ranger out there it's like "Squirrel" and I'm on it :)

I'll be there Wedneday to Saturday on the lakebed, so I am sure we will run into each other.

I think I'm only there till Tuesday eve but will try to stick around 1 more day depending on the schedule.

Snow will be flying in the area starting today and I'm itching to get some snow on my truck before the shoot :)

I think I'm only there till Tuesday eve but will try to stick around 1 more day depending on the schedule.

Snow will be flying in the area starting today and I'm itching to get some snow on my truck before the shoot :)

You're not shooting the big race or EMC or anything?

I already have my credentials for All of #KOH2017 week and Ive been covering it for years. I actually cover most of the Ultra4 races as well as Rock Crawling events. Shortly after KOH I will be in Az. Covering a W.E.Rock event.

I'm usually out at the Hammers from before Turkey day till the Saturday after KOH jumping in vacant codawg seats as dead weight for practice and taking pictures.

I just did a feature on a Jimmys Toyota EMC #4500 class build coming out in the next CRAWL magazine but I'm always looking fo r a top notch X or Ranger build to try to get them on #ExplorerForum.com and in CRAWL.
There was a first gen white X visiting out at KOH last year that was featured in Petersens 4WOR that visits EF regular.

There was also a BII that raced EMC KOH a couple years ago I spotted for another photog from Petersens and they did a writeup on him and they are a member here too.

I already have my credentials for All of #KOH2017 week and Ive been covering it for years. I actually cover most of the Ultra4 races as well as Rock Crawling events. Shortly after KOH I will be in Az. Covering a W.E.Rock event.

I'm usually out at the Hammers from before Turkey day till the Saturday after KOH jumping in vacant codawg seats as dead weight for practice and taking pictures.
I know, but you said you were leaving on the Tuesday, which is what threw me off. So you gonna be there for the big race and EMC or no?

QUOTE="Tbars4, post: 3589240, member: 63829"]
There was a first gen white X visiting out at KOH last year that was featured in Petersens 4WOR that visits EF regular.[/QUOTE]
This is one of the guys I am meeting out there

QUOTE="Tbars4, post: 3589240, member: 63829"]There was also a BII that raced EMC KOH a couple years ago I spotted for another photog from Petersens and they did a writeup on him and they are a member here too.[/QUOTE]

The truck is actually for sale. He pulled the axles but everything is still there. I can pickup the whole B2 for around $500 if anyone is interested. I was actually going to buy it to do a race car, but we ended up buying another fixer-upper house, so I don't have the time, money, or room to build a race car

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Race week I will be there for 10 days :)

Back