Koons Ford Prices - $10k Off of MSRP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Koons Ford Prices - $10k Off of MSRP

PutInBay

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone ever bought from Koons Ford? Looks like their pricing is really good! Just trying to figure out if their pricing is legit...

They're showing over $10k off of brand new ST's. That's getting very close to my predicted strike price of mid to upper $40's for an ST :) Here are some links:

2020 Ford Explorer ST For Sale | Falls Church VA

2020 Ford Explorer ST in Wheaton, MD | Washington, D.C. Ford Explorer | Lindsay Ford of Wheaton

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice discounting !

2WD or 4 ? Where is that listed on these...Im missing it.

Nice discounting !

2WD or 4 ? Where is that listed on these...Im missing it.

They're all 4WD. I don't think the ST comes in 2WD.

I guess I'm not surprised by the large discounts already. I've been tracking quite a few ST's (20 to be exact) in my area over the last several months, and none of them have sold yet. Several have been on the lot for over 60 days, and a few have been on the lot for over 90 days now (these are probably some of the very first 2020's to arrive on dealer lots).

In a different thread, I predicted mid to upper $40's by sometime next year (2020), however, looks like my prediction might happen sooner than I originally thought. My strike price remains the same: $45k, maybe a tad higher.

Last edited:

This dealership has a total of 2142 units sitting on their floor plan they have 223 2020 Ford Explorers 84 of that 223 are 2020 ST. As big as this dealership is I'm pretty sure he owns his floor plan outright.

With a total of 2142 units on his lot 1427 of those units are 2019 models that they need to get off their books believe me they are not losing any money marking these ST models down you will probably see them marked down even more every 30 days and possibly dealer transfer them to smaller dealerships four different units

Last edited:

$7,500 off XLT's by me already. That's 17%. Pretty shocking for a brand new model. Must be all the negative press.

Koons is a huge dealer and has an equally huge inventory. I think they were caught by surprise that the 2020 model has not caught on and started to sell in the volume they expected.

I think one general issue is that the 2020 Explorer does not really look different than the old model, and there are so many old ones on the road that it just blends in. People get excited if they can see its really a new vehicle, but most of the Explorer improvements are in the chassis, drievetrain and very specific interior design features.

If you had a 2020 and a 2019 parked next to each other in the driveway, from the outside most drivers would not know/see the difference. For the average driver, what's the fun in buying an expensive new car if nobody notices?

Bruce

It's true. I was concerned that I'd take a huge depreciation hit once the '20s starting appearing on the road and at dealers, but that hasn't happened to my '19 so far.

Koons is a huge dealer and has an equally huge inventory. I think they were caught by surprise that the 2020 model has not caught on and started to sell in the volume they expected.

I think one general issue is that the 2020 Explorer does not really look different than the old model, and there are so many old ones on the road that it just blends in. People get excited if they can see its really a new vehicle, but most of the Explorer improvements are in the chassis, drievetrain and very specific interior design features.

If you had a 2020 and a 2019 parked next to each other in the driveway, from the outside most drivers would not know/see the difference. For the average driver, what's the fun in buying an expensive new car if nobody notices?

Bruce

I was dealing with the sales manager ST Koons and he stated to me they sell every Explorer at invoice - holdback except the ST. They were doing invoice - holdback + $500.

They were straight shooters and were offering the best deal I could find till I found mine in VA who misadvertised it and it took the GM of the dealership to receive my email for them to honor it.

the 2020 Explorer does not really look different than the old model, and there are so many old ones on the road that it just blends in.

For some people, like myself, this is a feature...not a defect.

There are very apparent body changes on the 2020 model. And they are hideous.

Perhaps you may want to spend more time in the 5th gen area then.

It's called an opinion. Just like your quoted opinion.
Lack of sales is an indicator that the general, and majority of the public, don't care for the 2020 Explorer's. I've seen a total of two on the road, and one had a dealer plate on it. Ford tries to copy most of their body styling from other brands, and in this case, the combination doesn't work.

Lack of sales is an indicator that the general, and majority of the public, don't care for the 2020 Explorer's. I've seen a total of two on the road, and one had a dealer plate on it. Ford tries to copy most of their body styling from other brands, and in this case, the combination doesn't work.

Lack of sales is because they had a complete plant gut and changeover and 10s of thousands of Explorers were in storage lots. There was no dealer inventory and that is very much confirmed on here by frustrated buyers waiting 4+ months for their order. It has nothing to do with demand.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you don't have one and don't like the look of them, then I am not sure why you are in here. It would seem that your posts would continue to be negative which doesn't help anyone in here.

We have 5 Ford dealers within 20 miles, and they all have 2020 Explorers sitting on their lots. They've had them for a while, and haven't sold them.
When ordering a vehicle, it doesn't matter what brand, you are going to wait several months for it. That has nothing to do with all of the units sitting on dealer lots, unsold.

Do you even know the definition of an opinion? I believe I stated one.
Thanks, and have a nice day.

We have 5 Ford dealers within 20 miles, and they all have 2020 Explorers sitting on their lots. They've had them for a while, and haven't sold them.
When ordering a vehicle, it doesn't matter what brand, you are going to wait several months for it. That has nothing to do with all of the units sitting on dealer lots, unsold.

Do you even know the definition of an opinion? I believe I stated one.
Thanks, and have a nice day.

Yes and I dont go into forums of vehicles I dont own and make a simple post saying the vehicle is hideous. There is no point to it.. does not help a single person out in any way, shape or form.

I definitely don't agree that Ford is copying the styles of other vehicles. There no need to do that. The 5th gen was a very successful seller and the 2020 is mostly based on that model with several major changes. As for sales of the current Explorer, I have yet to see one on the road in my area, but I have seen several KIA Tellurides and Hyundai Palisades. Styling wise, I'd definitely take the Explorer. It is far from hideous, in my opinion.

Peter

Rwd and the revised styling and st package brought me back to ford after a hiatus since my last ford product a explorer, 1994.
I've noted several in my area on the roads.
Imo, all new suv are selling slowly anyway.

It's amazing that people get offended by someone else's opinion. If someone doesn't agree with your point of view, it's an immediate defensive and aggressive attitude. Forums are for open discussion, whether or not you agree with what someone else's opinion is. This is a forum for the 2020 Explorer, and I gave an opinion (key word: opinion) on them.
The 6th gen Explorer has had quality issues from the start. The model change from the 5th gen to the 6th gen is about as dramatic as the 3rd to 4th gens.
As for the 5th gen... there are no styling cues copied from Range Rover... at all. Sarcasm intended.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why are you posting on these forums?

Back