Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Explorer XLT project is Home | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Explorer XLT project is Home

Here is a picture of us loading the monster on the trailer to get here home to Victoria Tx where the 2wd will under go a complete rebuild. I will keep every one posted as the project comes about. The plans might change since the truck needs a lot of work. I would also like to Thank Michael and Randall for all there help getting the Truck to its new home.

Here are the Plans for the Explorer:

T-case: BW 13-54 manual t-case
Front:
Dana 35
extended Radius arms.
Skyjacker Lift
1" body lift to clear future Atlas 2
5.13 gears
ez-locker.
I am also looking into stronger axle shafts.
Warn manual hubs
Rear: 8.8 5.13 gears with powertrax locker from Navajo
rear disc brakes

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good Kris. I cant believe my old exploder is finally 4wd. Lets go wheelin.......

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Pictures of the Now 4x4 Explorer.

974x4explorer.jpg

97dcp018642.jpg

Wow Kris that thing looks great, you did a good job. So how much lift does it have?

Happy trails!!

Looks good. Give me a ring whenever you want to test it out.

Excellent job Kris!

Well 4wd conversion #2 is done. Good job Kris, looks real nice (and big).

Chris

4 low is awsome!!!!

I am Now at the Point were I can enjoy my project off-road and make hard core runs. It took a test run to coleto Creek.

97sandhill2.jpg

97sandhill.jpg

Holy Crap that is a lot of sand:eek:

How did you get out of that? Did she perform to your satisfaction? How well does it do off road with the tire/gear combo?

Happy trails!!

It was not too bad getting out. It was a quick easy winch out thing.

The Tire and gear combo is great. I do feel I could use even more low range at times(Wishing for the Atlas 2). The Explorer feels more stable then my Navajo and Wheeling with an Auto Tranny is a bit different too. I am pleased with the Truck I even had the sway bar connected the Whole time. The biggest problem I see with it is the swamper and the sand dont like each other.

Kris,
You have email.

I just bought a Dana 44 Solid Axle.

I saw your post on pirate i think it was. Which one you going to put it on? You're crazy:confused:

Happy trails!!

I am Putting it in the Green Explorer. Dont know how soon.

That's awesome, but you just spent so much time on that truck!! haha

Happy trails!!

I just got some extra money and I was looking for a good Deal.

Kris,
Nice job. Looks good. Can I ask where you got 5.13 gears? Drivetrain Warehouse and Randy's both told me 4.56 was the lowest I could go without SAS or Dana 28. Wife wants ARBs F/R. I'd hate to tear my diffs apart and not replace the gears while I was there.
35x12.50R17s comming as soon as I get fiberglass. Would love to have 4.88 or 5.13 to hope for 37s....
hmmmm SAS or finish the king coilover and 3/4 eliptical rear sys in my '67 TLC.

I bought my 5.13s at Randys ring and pinion. They should have them for the Dana 35

Back