Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Navajo lifted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Navajo lifted

First off I would Like to thank Rod(Sinjin), Michael, Alec, and Brian(Shaggy). For Showing up at my house to help and work on this lift.

First picture is My 1992 Navajo 2wd

nav1.jpg

Next the Same Navajo Now 4x4 with about 3.5" lift and 32x11.5 r15 BFG AT KOs

newlift.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweeeet! Looks really tough! Now you need to change your sig. line to "3.5 inch lift" instead of "1 inch lift" :) Again, nice job.

BTW, what kind of lift is it? Body or suspension?

95ExplorerLtd,

It is a Combo suspention lift. It is a James Duff Front with Coil Spacers and OME springs in the rear with warrior shackles with spring under.

NICE

Hey Kris
It looks great now you can get it all muddy and take some more pics for us!!!

Hehe, I notice you changed your sig, tee hee :)

So do you have any future lift plans for it or is it going to stay this way for a while?

Kris, excellent job. I bet you can clear that bridge dropoff at the Slabs now. ;)

No 33's?

I thought you had decided to go with the 33's. Any rubbing with the 32's on the street? It still looks really good. You should be very proud of having started off with a 2wd and ended up with a lifted 4x4.

Next stop MOAB!!!

Michael,
I decided to go with the 32" tires. With the 32" I get no rub at all but I did get a drop in performance. I also might be taking that Sway bar off any way cause it is rubbing on one of my Rear shocks.

Gerald,
I could make the Bridge now with no problem Gerald, but I would like to go out there when it is dry next time so we dont have to use the bridge

Looks good kris I'm glad to see you got the lift installed. I hope it works out for you. Robbie

P. S. Good luck All I got from the 3.5" lift was an itch for a 6" lift. Hopefully you can be strong. Robbie

Nice job Kris! u have really gone a long way with that Navajo! looks great. let me know when all u guys from Tejas are in the Illinois are and we can raise mine!!!!!
Im free in a few weeks if that works for all u guys..........
Rick H.

Looks great Kris! I am trying to get a couple people to go out to the slabs when it is dry to so you will have to come up for that so we can see it in action. We need some susp. pics up front and in the rear.

Good job Kris. Wish I could have made it.

Throw the rear sway bar in the trash. I removed mine years ago and never have been able to tell a difference...

sorry i couldn't make it, kris. y'all do excellent work. truck looks great. and i bet the fact that you've done it all yourself (with a few helping hands along the way) makes it that much sweeter for you. kudos!!

Your X looks nice... I saw your current pics.. with thi new lift the other day while on lunch...and had to pass by Hastings to check it out..SWEET!!! one day i'll stop by to chat... keep up the good work... Edward 4U2NV

Still want to install a 2" body lift

4U2NV,

Thanks for the kind words. I am Always willing to help with the body lift. I hope it comes with instructions though...

Back