Kris Guilbeaux' 91 Eddie Bauer 2dr "Goldilocks" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kris Guilbeaux' 91 Eddie Bauer 2dr "Goldilocks"

This is my 1991 Eddie Bauer 2dr Goldilocks. I had been on a search to purchased an Eddie Bauer 2dr for years. Mainly a Gold and tan combo one. Throughout my search 13 years or so. I had only come across 3 counting this one. Hints the name "Goldilocks", it was just right. So when I found this one in California going through insurance auto Auctions with a clear title I knew I had to jump on it. Thankfully EF member Section525 lived close by enough to pick it up for me once the auction closed. He stored it for me for nearly two months while I found a shipper for the Explorer.

Many things are planned to make this Explorer better. A full paint and body restoration is in plans along with few later model Explorer upgrades. 4wd conversion and a frankentranny build at the same time. Spacers, shackles, and 31s. Brake Upgrade with 95-97 Ranger calipers and disc brake rear. Just to name a few of the plans in store.

18891_4447821466492_901620301_n.jpg

68144_4447821626496_1085909299_n.jpg

12242_4447821906503_722772066_n.jpg

156145_4447820626471_1208182174_n.jpg

And I added a few stickers already.

380350_4447820746474_1583271080_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good looking Ex. Congrats on finally locating one. :thumbsup:

Nice find. Looks fairly clean too. I am surprised to see it has cloth seats and no full console.

This Eddie Bauer was a leather delete package. I did upgrade the seats already cause they were the flat bottom cloth, and all First gens had the short console there was not a full console option for the 91-94 explorers

i say v8 swap as well. and hey, there are lots of 302's in them, but not 460's :D!

No this one is stayin v-6. I dont think I will ever do a v-8 first gen ever again.. Its a *****.

Nice Find , And Good plans I see ! .

Great looking truck. I look forward to the resto.

Yes Kris, it is a fine speciman of first gen Eddie Bauers :D An no GEM for you!

Ah, me lovin some first gen sport goodness. :thumbsup:

I always wanted a sport, but I figure if I go that route I might as well wait around for a Navajo to pop up.

So me and Goldie had our first adventure in Austin today! I had to take it to get inspected by law enforcement since the paper work I have will need a bonded title. Which was an 11 mile drive to police headquarters in downtown Austin. Goldie wasnt in the mood obviously. Since first thing it did was to catch the leaves in the wiper cowl on fire. Also after getting it put out and on the road to meet our appointment time I find out Goldie has no overdrive in the transmission. Gonna love these first gen explorers.

So me and Goldie had our first adventure in Austin today! I had to take it to get inspected by law enforcement since the paper work I have will need a bonded title. Which was an 11 mile drive to police headquarters in downtown Austin. Goldie wasnt in the mood obviously. Since first thing it did was to catch the leaves in the wiper cowl on fire. Also after getting it put out and on the road to meet our appointment time I find out Goldie has no overdrive in the transmission. Gonna love these first gen explorers.

Ah, quick love and first gens :D

At least it wasn't boring! ;)

How did things catch fire?

nice eddie

Still not quite sure what was burning or how but I think I still smell a bit like smoke. Either way it made the 22 mile drive. As gracefully as it could.

Burnin' Leaves in the wiper cowl, that has to be a first... And it would not be a Kris Rebuild without the 2wd to 4wd conversion!! Looking forward to seein Goldi go from a duckling to a swan.

Yeah when I got Kermit the 98 limited I felt it was a tad out of place with the other trucks since it was 4wd from the factory. I might as well stick with buying 2wd rigs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I remember correctly, the BII's have a variable resistor for the blower motor that can get red hot and was known to start fires when leaves got under the cowl.

Or something like that.

Since this is a 91, it may have some BII leftovers?

Back