Kris Guilbeaux's 98 Eddie Bauer "Red Bull" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kris Guilbeaux's 98 Eddie Bauer "Red Bull"

I am finally making a registry for my 98 Eddie Bauer, lovingly known as Red Bull 2. He got his name after Micheal's 94 XLT which was known as Red Bull. I have owned this explorer for many years but only posted this truck as a project because till today I have never even driven this Explorer around the block.

I bought this Explorer from a wrecking yard in plans to do a first gen frame swap on it. I did the swap for the most part then, once I got down to hooking things up it was going to take a lot more then I expected. so I picked up a 98 Explorer frame and swapped the body back to the correct frame.

Ill update the story more as I go along...

Here are Pictures I took today.

redbull_0051.jpg

redbull_0061.jpg

redbull_0071.jpg

Its a 1998 Ford Explorer eddie bauer
4.0 sohc
5r55e trans
1354 Manual shift
Custom chili pepper red Paint PPG concept
Cut and re-welded front fenders 5" to clear larger tires.
Limited front Grill
Custom leather upholstery (red leather in place of perforated leather)
1" body lift
222K miles on the truck

Lots More to come stay tuned....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:-( sad face. But i know it will go to a good home and our work done to it is freaking outstanding.

You make it sound like he is sending it to a "farm" upstate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You make it sound like he is sending it to a "farm" upstate.

Hmm, that was supposed to say "your work" not "our"

And mike, are you saying that there isnt a special farm where explorers are sent to frolic and play when they get old?! Double sad face :-( :-(

faceOfEvil.jpg

Muhahahahahahahaha

"Fresh Ford Explorer Fridays"

That's freakin' hilarious... :D

Mike, you are depressing :(
But i do have to admit, that slogan is kinda catchy. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled registry...

Those C.A.R.S. explorers make me sooooooo sad.

Just a quick update. I have decided it is time to let this rig go. My plans are to finish buttoning up a few things including finishing the 4x4 conversion and sell this Explorer.

He has been a fun project but its time to let him go.

yeah 4x4 CONVERSION courtesy of Kris

Someone is going to get a very nice one of a kind Ex

Back