Kstrayhorn's '02 XLT Registry "The Ex" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kstrayhorn's '02 XLT Registry "The Ex"

So I decided to finally make a registry page for my 2002 Explorer XLT. So here is what I have done, step-by-step, in chronological order:
Completely stock:

ekUk7.jpg

z5uKW.jpg

pRkGw.jpg

Installed sound system:
2 10" Alpine Type E subwoofers
700 watt max Alpine amplifier
Pioneer DEH-P6300 head unit
fxxJg.jpg

Removed lower front splash shield:
9gghV.jpg

Removed running boards:
hs4Cy.jpg

Painted wheels satin/flat black:
KFmgs.jpg

Airbox mod:
NxMrM.jpg

Spectre resonating exhaust tip: (Now removed because it sounded terrible with my Flowmaster)
xe1aY.jpg

Flowmaster 40 series muffler:
A6Xef.jpg

Big 32" Yokohama Geolandar A/Ts:
(Full thread here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2543093 )
TguFl.jpg

Replaced running boards.

Federal Signal PA300 police car siren:
GztVv.jpg

Siren speaker mount:
gAGVV.jpg

Updated profile pic:
3sMv0.jpg

And the pic that won EF's End of Summer Photo Contest:
(Thread here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291672 )
UcJjn.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pictures dont show.

Nooooo! It took me so long to resize and upload those!! I have no idea what i did wrong, I'll try again. I uploaded them to imgur.com

There, fixed the pics. Working on resizing a couple of the pics, but here they are for now and I will update the fixes later.

nice x u got

Very nice nik digging the painted rims. Been thinking of doing that on mine aswell. But why remove the running boards. It's the same height as the frame. I've used em to measure if I was running on my frame while offroadinf. :D

took them off to make it look higher. That and I never use them. When I do my new tires and lift I was gonna get some different ones. And the rims really weren't hard to do.

I hate those running boards...makes it difficult to work underneath the truck. I'm thinking of removing mine. :D
kstrayhorn...what happened to your drivers side fog light insert?

how can you lift and 02 xlt?? i cant find any leveling kits or anything...

how can you lift and 02 xlt?? i cant find any leveling kits or anything...
With a lift kit. lol, This is what I'm going to get, a rancho quick lift. Thats what hitithard used. Picture below:
2002 xlt
3in bodylift, rancho quicklifts front n back,265/75/16 procomp mud terrains, procomp cast black rims,7 inch jvc touchscreen, triple kicker L7's, mtx 1500 watt rms amp,ks680 speakers, westin brushe guard n taillight guards
surco rooftop cargo rack with lights
quickLIFT_01.jpg

First off, the insert. When I first got the car, the tires were bald and slid around like crazy. It was a rainy day, and there is a hairpin turn just 500 yds from my house. I took it and ended up in a ditch on the other side of the road. The other side of the embankment flexed the bumper a bit and popped out the insert. I just never got around to gluing it back in. But it's fixed now, old news.

Man, that truck, as well as a couple of others, are my inspiration! Quiklifts, or a 3" body lift part # pra-883 or lift spacers from BTF Fab.

Updating pics here in a minute!

Back