Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
as things are still tight, not sure if I'll make it to t-haven this year:( However I was wonering if there is any intrest in something up here in the future. I know we could all use some different then t-haven trails:rolleyes:

Rowher OHV (off the 14 above LA) are is back open after a few years of being closed from a fire. This has some desent stuff, and is kinda like Cleghorn Rd. I'm sure John (Bro of Jefe) will pop in and let us know what going on up there. This Jefe's old stopping grounds, and him and John use to do night runs up there alot, back in the day.

Jeeping_01.jpg

Miller Jeep/Lockwood/ Hungry Valley (off the 5 near Gorman) This is a fun trail that I have not don in a long time. Unfortunately it doesn't open most of the time until Spring time, the top of the trail is at 8000 feet, so snow stay there awhile. There is Hungry Valley OHV at the end of the trail, where is tons of fun optical course type stuff, like rock gardens and stairs to climb.

12287Air.jpg

If some people from farther away would like to come I was thinking we could wait till May or June and run them all in a weekend, may be a bit much for one day as these trails are about 50 miles apart.

Thoughts? Interest?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely on board with this idea, i'd like to see some more trails around this area....

May! June! Holy cow I can go to that! I am interested!

Just a day trip? So if I visited my brother in Pasadena it's pretty close eh?

Its probably a 30 minute drive from Pasadena to the areas off the 14 hes talking about..

welp i am on board this idea too. maybe i can get revenge for what happen the last time i was in Hungry Valley :fire:

Each would be a day trip, or we could do both in a weekend. We can do Rowler at anytime, but Miller/Lockwood we would have to wait till it opens in spring.

There is also Last Chance Canyon, but it a ways up the 14 at the 395. I've been there once, at it was cool, but not sure it worth the drive just for a hour long trail at most.:rolleyes:

I am up for a day trip so I can visit my bro for the other day!

I well I will keep an eye out to see if this firms up....... I am still not sure of exactly when I will be back but should be very early Apr....

Man I am going to be busy getting the ex out of the garage and finishing some of the goodies I bought while I was gone!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/news/2009/news-2009-11-06-rowher-reopens.shtml
I got the notice they re-opened, but when I drove up there in early December the road was still barricaded. A call to the Ranger station wasn't helpful - they just said that "some areas are still not open".

I will make a point to drive up there again this week to find out what is really open (or go visit the ranger office during lunch to see if someone can show me what areas are closed on their map)

Thanks John:thumbsup:

I was just up there a couple weeks ago. All of Rowher is open, as is much of the Drinkwater Flats area on the next ridge over.

It was odd in that I saw very little in the Rowher area that appeared burned by the '07 fires they claimed was a reason to close it off. The two main 4WD trails through there (Lookout and Rowher) are now "paved" (graded) and you can drive an AWD Subaru up them now.:rolleyes:

(of course this was before the big rains, maybe it's changed a little now :scratch: )

I'm up for it too. :thumbsup: im heading up to Cleghorn in a few minutes actually..... and yes it is 5 in the morning :D

Hopefully he not did do a solo deal like me :D

nope hahaha i went with some guys from school. It was AMAZING up at Cleghorn. tons of snow at the top made for very interesting wheeling :D and not to mention having to pull "trains" of quads out of the snow...by this i mean my recovery strap hooked up to one quad who was hooked up to 4 or 5 others ;) and it happened more than once

Wish i had the time to this weekend, i'm anxious to go out somewhere.

Pick a weekend and I will see if I can make it. It's a heck of a drive for me for a day, but I have never been over there.

I'm on hold for now....Tags are due on the Ex today, and no money to pay them so It's getting non-opped:(

I'm on hold for now....Tags are due on the Ex today, and no money to pay them so It's getting non-opped:(
Man, that blows.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::(:frustrate:rant::splat::dunno::fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pick a weekend and I will see if I can make it. It's a heck of a drive for me for a day, but I have never been over there.

Hey Brian, if you want we can take one MH and make a whole weekend of it. I don't know if there's places up there to park though.
Tom

Back