Lack of power low speeds.

Metta

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4.0 V6 Auto SOHC
Hi all,

I seem to have an issue with low down revs with lack of power when I put my foot to the floor and the gear drops the power is perfect, only on low revs say somtimes pulling away from traffic lights or at low down gearbox range it’s bogs right down.

Now when I first bought the vehicle it bogged down under full acceleration which I found the fault to be the fuel pump. I replaced with a Delphi one and it’s been perfect.

For more info I have also done the manifold gaskets prior too.

If anyone has some info to point me in the right direction that would be brilliant. OBD shows no fault codes either.

Hi all,

I seem to have an issue with low down revs with lack of power when I put my foot to the floor and the gear drops the power is perfect, only on low revs say somtimes pulling away from traffic lights or at low down gearbox range it’s bogs right down.

Now when I first bought the vehicle it bogged down under full acceleration which I found the fault to be the fuel pump. I replaced with a Delphi one and it’s been perfect.

For more info I have also done the manifold gaskets prior too.

If anyone has some info to point me in the right direction that would be brilliant. OBD shows no fault codes either.
can you get fuel trims? maybe a map sensor? not too sure.

can you get fuel trims? maybe a map sensor? not too sure.

Yes I can get some Fuel trims sorting this weekend, it’s a funny one I’ve got a genuine fuel filter to pop one today a motor craft one the one I currently have on is a basic thing that was to get me by when I done the fuel pump. It’s super strange I don’t feel like it’s fuel tho.

Back