• Register Today It's free!

Lack of Response.

Condre

Reaction score
City, State
Portlandia, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
My truck is a 92 4x4 XLT, I have had it for 3 years, without a tuneup, which is probably part of the problem.

I have NO responsivness. When I hit the gas to peel out, or even to accelerate to merge onto the freeway... My truck doesnt wanna do it. I got a K&N filter system, and Flowmaster Exhaust. So, it breathes well. But, It seems to "Put" or sputter alot.

Do I just need new plugs? Or is it a fuel filter problem, I cant figure it out specifically what is wrong.

try cleaning your IAC(lots of threads on this). It may not be reading much air so it will not give you much gas.

The sputter sounds alot like the spark plugs. Pick up some motorcrafts, they're really cheap and easy to change. If that doesn't solve it, pick up some fuel injector cleaner too and pour it into your next full tank. My old X had the same prob. till I did both, then it ran like new (yeah right :rolleyes: )

Thanks for your feedback =) but...

Has anyone ever smelled oil from their X with out there actually being a leak?
Im just curious cause my X sometimes smells like its burning oil, though its not over powering, its just a subtle smell. Hmm... Just curious.
:(

Back