Ladies, is it okay to compliment a women's looks? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Ladies, is it okay to compliment a women's looks?

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
-without the intention of hitting on her?

I'm married, so I'm not out cruisin for babes,:( but so often in daily life, I interact with women whom I'd like to say, 'you sure are good lookin'" in some way or another. But I don't, for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I guess I'm afraid it would be inappropriate.:rolleyes:, like I'm attemping a pick-up.
I'm talking about say, a cashier you run into at the supermarket, or whatever.

I just want to say 'my eyes like you', and no more. Is this "normal"?:eek: ;)

I'd like to hear both sexes' thoughts, but more so from the women on the board, so ladies,...speak up!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

akcrogers

Reaction score
City, State
Fairbanks, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer 4WD 4DR XL
I've gotten to know some of my wife's girlfriends pretty well. My wife knows I think several of them are beautiful, but she also knows I'm totally not interested in them. I have no problem telling them if they look especially good on a particular day.

For example, one of her friends is a Marilyn Monroe lookalike. Like dead on... only 50 lbs heavier. She was definitely cute you know, just a bit heavy for my likes. Well we get back from Mexico, and she has lost all of her excess baggage, and is absolutely stunning. I'm sure I was drooling when I first saw her, and defintely complimented her.

But then again because she is a friend she knows I'm not serious...

I've always been a bit of a flirt, so since getting married I have definitely been investigating that line between letting a girl know I dig her and overt flirting, sometimes in words, but more often with body language, you know, the eyebrow raise/smile, etc.

I guess the bottom line is your intentions, and what your wife thinks of it. If it makes her uncomfortable, then you are obviously going too far. I will never cheat on my wife. Not even with [hot chick's name here]. So I see no harm in slight flirting. But I also try to keep what she would be comfortable with. (And always make sure the ring is showing)...

<

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Dude... its okay to dig on other chicks. All you're doing is trying to determine if something better has come along. Which is what you should be doing.

You don't want to be stuck with your second best chick cause she came along before your first best one did! :D Know what I'm sayin??

-Coors Light

<

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i am mixed on this one..... my girlfirend is way hotter than all of her friends, and i love her a lot... but i mentioned that one of her friends was looking hot the night we all went to a club.. and she got mad at me.. and expressed she didnt like me talking that way around her about her friends... i guess it made her feel a little threatened... but its understandable, as i would feel threatened and uncomfortable if she said my guy friends were hot.......

<

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I think saying like "wow, you look good" or something like that to someone you see often is just a compliment and is fine. But I think it would be hard to tell a girl that you didnt know that they looked good to thier face without hitting on them.
With my gf, we have been together for over 2 and a half years, ill like look at a girl thats passing bye and my gf automaticaly knows what im thinking. Then she will ask "oh you like that huh?" (playfully) and ill just laugh. I think it is normal for guys to check out girls, but i think gfs/wives need to be aware that since we are tied to them it doesnt mean we dont think other girls are hot.

EDIT: Just in case you didnt figure out im a guy. Just thought i would post my thoughts.

<

Gina

Elite Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Bellingham, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Well, I'm up at 3:45AM working on a project...but I'm taking a brain break, so I'll give my 2 cents to this subject

From girl-getting-compliment's prespective: Great! Compliment away! The best thing ever is to get a compliment from a guy you don't know. As long as it's nice...no "Ooohh show me your hot ta-tas!!!" :eek:

From girlfriend/wife's perspective: It varies depending on the type, frequency, and perceived hidden meanings of these compliments. If you're with the guys oogling over a hottie, fine that's normal. If you're always complimenting other chicas constantly and never sending any verbal lovin' to your gf/wife, that's BAD BAD. Comparing your gf/wife to 'hot girl' is no good either. And overall, you know your gf/wife best and know how she'll perceive your actions. If you sense any hard feelings...flowers and candy work wonders :D

<

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Originally posted by GinaGem
From girl-getting-compliment's prespective: Great! Compliment away! The best thing ever is to get a compliment from a guy you don't know. As long as it's nice...no "Ooohh show me your hot ta-tas!!!" :eek:
This is the perspective I'm asking about. The woman being complimented. Thanks Gina!

<

Muskrat

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Califon, NJ USA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger STX
hereI am, reading down random threads, and I see more guys posting in the women's thread, just thought that was funny, but I really cant say anything, because here I am, posting in the womens thread:p

<

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
i agree with gena. also id like to add. if the women you compliment would think its inappropriate the she missed out on a general harmless compliment. i say go for and see what reactions you get.. just let us know :)

<

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Compliment women without your wife knowing- Good.

Compliment women with your wife present- Good (just be a gentleman about it though).

Compliment women and your wife finding out later on- NOT Good.:D

<

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
Compliment women without your wife knowing- good.

ok wheres the compliment women and....... priceless part at?

<