Lake Havasu, AZ 4x4 Run NEW DETAILS!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lake Havasu, AZ 4x4 Run NEW DETAILS!!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I was just invited to an open 4x4 run (all types of 4x4s invited) at Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The run will be held the weekend of March 30th.

What: 2nd Annual Lake Havasu 4x4 Desert Run
When: March 29-31
Where: Lake Havasu, Arizona

Headquarters/Host Hotel: Ramada Inn Lake Havasu, 271 S. Lake Havasu Ave. 1-800-528-5169 Event Rate: $65 per night.

Crazy Horse Campground: 1-520-855-4033

Registration Fees (per vehicle):
Friday & Saturday $45
Friday Only $30
Saturday Only $30

Saturday Night BBQ $10 ea. Big Kid or adult Children under 8yrs $6 ea.

Registration Deadline March 15.

Download the sign up sheets here:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/desertrun1.jpg
http://www.explorer4x4.com/desertrun2.jpg

Let me know if you sign up. We are definately going Friday and Saturday.

[Edited by Rick on 01-20-2001 at 02:01 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be up for this one. It just depends on how the money looks after redoing to tranny or the convertor. Post the details and I'll let you know.

Can't make it

I have a ranger scouts camp outto go to with my oldest son. It's kinda like cub scouts but a little tougher. Sorry, but I gotta do the Dad thing.

I'm always in for a Arizona run!

count me in!

This should be the perfect oppertunity to try out the new gears and auburn. Rick, do you where they are planning on camping? One of the camping facilities or out in the wide open like t-haven. We use to go jet skiing out there all the time, and the facilities are nice, but kinda spendy for just a place to put a tent or camper.

I'll post more info as I get it. He did mention that Ramada Inn is going to be there host hotel for those not camping. I would like to stay at a KOA or something so I can use their hookups.

we always have stayed at the Crazy Horse campground out on the island across the London Bridge. They have hook-ups available, power and water. I would prefer to camp as well to keep cost down, but if they are getting a great deal...that would work. I'll keep looking for posts.

Might be able to make it.

I'll have to see about the funds and how they are looking by then. Moving the beginning of March, so we'll see. I'd like to and maybe I can get my buddy to go with his boat too.

Hey this is looking good! It would be cool to have a big Explorer presence out there.

count me as a maybe. I will want to go, but I wont know if I am available until the time gets closer.

I am currently doing 2 jobs as I am covering for someone on maternity leave. Damn FMLA. (Shes really a great girl and deserves it.)

Steven

A definite maybe!

Keep us posted on the details!
Thanks
Rick

Bump...

Please re-read the first message in this thread.

Has anyone sent in their $$ for this yet? Please let me know ASAP. I think this run will conflict with me going to Chicago. If you have already sent your $$$ I guess I have no choice, but to join you since I started this thread :D

Let me know... should I stay or should I go....

I have not paid yet. I wont be sure I can go for a couple of weeks yet.

But I must go wheeling somewhere soon since I missed t-haven. Any takers and any with any idea of where to go?

After looking through the posts i don't think anyone has already paid for the run. In that case I am officially backing out of this one.

Sorry guys, but I really want to go back to Illinois to visit friends and family and the Attica trip is the best excuse I've had since I got married 8 years ago!

I don't blame you rick. I'd love to head back east and see my family too in Ill. Have fun.

There still is a chance I may end up going down to the run. I was going to pay up on monday(I get my truck today...yes) but now I'm going to debate if I'm going to go or not. Rick....If I do head on out to the run is there any chance I can get ahold of some cards from the site to pass around??? Let me know.

Back