• Register Today It's free!

Lane Assist

gcmartin

Reaction score
City, State
Greeley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explor Platinum
Bought a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum 6 months ago. Bought it because of the extra Safety Features. My wife had a TBI as a result of a car accident and has lost part of her peripheral vision. This makes her over compensate by driving left of center in her lane. When we test drove the Platinum with the Lane assist and alert turned on it felt like you were driving over rumble strips and the car would guide you back into your lane when you drifted out of your lane without turning on your turn signals. This no longer works. Have taken it to Dealer we purchased from 5 times only to be told it is a temper mental system and it is working within parameters. The steering wheel only vibrates once you have traveled well over into the other lane and the lane assist doesn’t guide you back into your lane anymore. This is not how it worked for the for the first 4 months we owned the car but Ford says there is nothing wrong with it. We never would have spent the extra money for a Platinum if we knew this was going to happen. Does Ford have any Reginal help numbers that can put pressure on dealers to fix situations like this?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you checked the settings for the Lane Keeping feature to make sure they haven't changed? Is it not working on the same roads where it did work before? Here is the info the Ford Reps included in their posts when they were still here. They would get in touch with the Regional Customer Service Manager who would then contact the dealer. The only problem is that if the dealer says that the feature is working as designed, then there may not be much anyone can do. Are you still within the warranty period? Also, there is nothing preventing you from going to another dealer for another opinion.
Good luck.
FORD SERVICE
p:
800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you checked the settings for the Lane Keeping feature to make sure they haven't changed? Is it not working on the same roads where it did work before? Here is the info the Ford Reps included in their posts when they were still here. They would get in touch with the Regional Customer Service Manager who would then contact the dealer. The only problem is that if the dealer says that the feature is working as designed, then there may not be much anyone can do. Are you still within the warranty period? Also, there is nothing preventing you from going to another dealer for another opinion.
Good luck.
FORD SERVICE
p:
800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Peter
Yes I double checked the settings and tried them in different configurations. I then read everything I could find online and verified the settings again. The difference is extreme in how it used to work and how it works now. Thanks for the numbers!

Yes I double checked the settings and tried them in different configurations. I then read everything I could find online and verified the settings again. The difference is extreme in how it used to work and how it works now. Thanks for the numbers!

Sorry to hear about your experience. The lane keeping assist definitely should move you back into your lane and if you go even beyond that, the lines on the screen turn red and the wheel vibrates.

I have had terrible experiences with my dealer and have reached out to Ford with no luck. I then went straight to the manager of the service department and had better luck there. I suggest you do that if you haven't. and then even if you have done that and still aren't getting any luck then I would go to the owner. Basically I would just keep climbing the ladder. They all have superiors and if they're not addressing your issue then take it up higher.

Have you not been able to replicate the actual issue with the dealer? Do the lines on the center display change from grey, green, yellow, red?

Back