Lane Keeping Mode - Normally on or off? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lane Keeping Mode - Normally on or off?

Do you normally drive with lane keeping mode on or off?

• On

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Off

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
You guys do realize that lane keeping and lane centering are 2 separate things on the Explorer? If you have both on, it does a great job of staying centered in lane! I always have it on. Lane keeping assist, alert & centering all on is the way to go if you want to see how great this system works. Otherwise your complaints are completely illegitimate. Lane keeping technology circa 2012 and lane keeping and lane centering 2020 are like night and day difference. I use it all and intelligent cruise control for the full experience of this system.
I actually didn't know they were two separate things. How do you turn them both on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I actually didn't know they were two separate things. How do you turn them both on?
It's all covered in the Manual. ;)

Peter

I drive with mine on, but I don't understand the difference between the thin lines and the thicker lines that are changed with the button on the end of the left stalk. Any clue?

Do they appear at the same time or under other settings?

Peter

To each his own. I have used cruise control since 1985 and never drive on the highway without. Technology has come a long way since my 1985 Ford Tempo Sport GL!
I absolutely use the cruise control. I don't use the advanced features of the cruise control.

Back