Largest Tires with AAL + TT and no trimming? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Largest Tires with AAL + TT and no trimming?

Curse The Sky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4WD
Hey guys,

What are the largest tires I can mount on the stock rims with doing just AAL and TT? My Sport Trac is a 4x4, so I know I can't go up more than 2" with the TT.

I'm not really looking to do any trimming or a body lift right now. I MIGHT consider trimming if it makes a big difference in the size I can safely fit (31" without trimming, 33" with trimming, for example).

Also, what are the official tire sizes for whatever you recommend? For example, stock is 255/70R16.

Thanks!

i am running 265/75R16 on stock rims and only get sway bar rub at full lock. i have a TT and add-a-leaf lift

You might get away with some 32"s, but I'm pretty sure some minor trimming will be needed for that too. If you do decide to trim, which can be done pretty easily and in an subtle way, you can get up to 33"s under there. But if you plan on running the stock rims which I believe are 7" wide I wouldn't look into mounting anything bigger than 31 maybe 32 inches. If you want to play it safe with the stock rims and no trimming at all, 31" should do you some justice.

265/75/16s should fit with little to no trimming. I have a friend running 33s with just a TT/shackle lift without too much rubbing. He also didnt do any trimming. I'd stay with 32s with the narrow stock rims.

Back