Late 80s B2000 Advice | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late 80s B2000 Advice

I get that! You stick it on one of the other junk ranger beds lol lol okay okay so not everyone has 22 rangers out back and 3-4 shells to chose from. Can hang it from garage ceiling, I’ve seen them hung from trees too. I’ve seen them stuck on saw horses. My favorite though is when they are used as a cover for snowmobiles,
Hang from a.tree can be raised and lowered.
Open the back window and pull your sled in,
Like a mini car port.
Some of them can be stood up too, like on the side of your house resting on the front, take up way less room

They can be a pita in the winter, have to keep the snow off or they will
Collapse

People love those can back toppers, canvas can be folded out of the way when not used and they are pretty tough.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most don't for sure! Lmao
Ain't got a garage either, it would have to either sit in the yard or in the driveway pretty much lol

Yeah, those are some fun ideas, least it dont snow round here! As said, I'll have to keep an eye out, but want to get it and measure the bed first, guy told me it's the full long one, but I see three different lengths online, so just want to be sure before nabbing something that don't fit. Definitely think it could look pretty nice with the shell

Nothing sucks worse than thinking the shell will fit your bed and then finding out it’s 2” too long or too short! We see this all the time. People think they are universal! One that fits a Tacoma should fit a ranger and an s-10
Right? Nope!!!

Nothing sucks worse than thinking the shell will fit your bed and then finding out it’s 2” too long or too short! We see this all the time. People think they are universal! One that fits a Tacoma should fit a ranger and an s-10
Right? Nope!!!
Exactly! I want to be sure! Lmao

Some of them can be stood up too, like on the side of your house resting on the front, take up way less room
THIS!!!! ^^^^^

or... you could also use it to store stuff... certainly takes up much less room than a lance camper :))))

THIS!!!! ^^^^^

or... you could also use it to store stuff... certainly takes up much less room than a lance camper :))))
A lance camper?

Problem is taking it off, it's a question of where do I put it lol
Plus finding one for that sucker is probably a lot harder these days. But I'll probably keep an eye out so if I ever need dry storage, I got it!

I used to camp out of the back of the truck. I had a carpet kit back there that turned into a bed.

I used to camp out of the back of the truck. I had a carpet kit back there that turned into a bed.
Oh that's fun!

A lance camper?

monument_valley_truck.jpg

A lance camper?
what rick said. they wre truck bed campers that one i was talking about was fir a 76 (i think) f250 camper special... it also had a shell too 😂😂😂

couldnt find a picture of it with the camper on it, but here it is in the corner of a family picture with the shell!

56D483C5-6E6F-4857-998E-432AAEDFCC22.jpeg

couldnt find a picture of it with the camper on it, but here it is in the corner of a family picture with the shell!

View attachment 453373
The shells I definitely don't mind, and would like to find for the mazda, but yeah, the camper ones a no! lol

Camper shells are also nice when everyone you know wants to voluntold you to use your truck to help them move things. Nope, there's a shell on the back so nothing fits in the bed...

Camper shells are also nice when everyone you know wants to voluntold you to use your truck to help them move things. Nope, there's a shell on the back so nothing fits in the bed...
Surprisingly rare that I've had that happen, though I don't exactly have a lot of friends or anything lol

Surprisingly rare that I've had that happen, though I don't exactly have a lot of friends or anything lol
You don't need friends like that, nobody does.

even with the explorer, i hear it alot... even during finals week a friend asked me for help moving a mattress... i gave them the phone number for uhaul :) and it doesn't even have a bed!!!

even with the explorer, i hear it alot... even during finals week a friend asked me for help moving a mattress... i gave them the phone number for uhaul :) and it doesn't even have a bed!!!
Put the mattress in the Explorer then it would have a bed. Add some indoor/outdoor carpet for a shaggin wagon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back