Late 80s B2000 Advice | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late 80s B2000 Advice

Put the mattress in the Explorer then it would have a bed. Add some indoor/outdoor carpet for a shaggin wagon.
har har i shoulda done that! but the explorer doesn't have a bed soooooo i couldnt put the mattress in it haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That last picture, is that the same truck where it was previously wrecked and the guy put the camper on after? Internet assumes the weight of the camper bent the frame which isn't true.
no clue. i just saved it as a funny camper picture. i saw it in my downloads folder and thought it'd be a funny contrast to the dolphin and explorer-camper thing. let me look it up.

So what're the thoughts of either 4.0 sohc or 302/305 swapping the B2000? Thought about a 5.3l or 5.7l too, but unless I find a really good deal on one or a good junkyard one, the first two are cheaper and easier to find. I mean, they should still get pretty decent mileage for the size of the vehicle, right?

So what're the thoughts of either 4.0 sohc or 302/305 swapping the B2000? Thought about a 5.3l or 5.7l too, but unless I find a really good deal on one or a good junkyard one, the first two are cheaper and easier to find. I mean, they should still get pretty decent mileage for the size of the vehicle, right?
The 302 is the way to go.

d

I always thought a V8 conversion would be amazing. Light weight with lots of power. Can't beat that. :burnout:

d

I always thought a V8 conversion would be amazing. Light weight with lots of power. Can't beat that. :burnout:
The kind of truck you could steer with the gas pedal. Add some boost for additional tire smoke, bigger smiles. Need a case of depends in the cab.

d

Agreed!! Even a stock 5.7l or 5.3l should be plenty, not to mention upgrades!

The kind of truck you could steer with the gas pedal. Add some boost for additional tire smoke, bigger smiles. Need a case of depends in the cab.
Now that's great! lmao

302... skip the sohc for something bigger snd better

i think gas mileage will depend on how easy you are on the skinny pedal.. it'd get pretty easy to get carried away with all that power... remember...
1718129796911.png

The thought was to stick with something I'm familiar with, which the sohc does fall into, everything else besides a 350 or ls would be new territory for me lol

Oh that won't be an issue, least not after a lil' while, I'll enjoy that V8 for the first bit but then I'll learn to take it easy like I mostly do now lol

Back