• Register Today It's free!

Late model lifts DO exist?

ACBlessing

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, WA (eastern Washington state)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Correct me if I'm wrong because everyone here (Spokane) says there's nothing in the aftermarket for lifting my '00 but I've noticed the following:

1. Trailmaster does indeed make a 4" suspension lift.

2. Someone in here somehow got a hold of new spindles to lift 3.5"

3. Then there's the hockey puck lift (lol)

4. Last, PA offers a 3" lift for late models too.

Is this all true or did I miss somewhere that these will not work with my '00?

Thanks guys, AC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whether yours is AWD or 2WD will depend on which ones will work. Basically all of the lifts mentioned will work on the '00. The hocky puck and PA lifts are body lifts. They will lift the body off the frame which will allow you to clear larger tires, however the only added clearance for your frame and mechanical parts will be due to the increased tire height. The 3.5" drop spindle lift is for a 2WD. If yours is 2WD it will probably work. The 4" Trailmaster lift is for the 4WD, AWD and is a suspension lift. It will lift your entire Explorer up which will give you room to clear larger tires as well as increased suspension travel. Body lifts generally cost less than about $150 for the parts. The Trailmaster lift runs about $1300 for parts. So you do have lift options for your '00.

Thanks Robert...yes I have the AWD and I'm only looking to lift the body a little so I can fit 32s....without (or in combination) haveing to crank the torsion bars beyond belief.

I'm wondering what the cheapest way to go is (besides TT) and I think the hockey puck might be....

-AC

the hockey puck is not a suggested lift i would atleast go with a 3 inch body lift then u can clear 32's and not worry about rubbing

are these options available on an 04 2WD XLT as well? i drive down soft sand beaches a lot and i need taller tires and i want to lift the axels for more clearance.

wow i have visited this forum in a long time.... this thread is 7yrs old

Back