Late Oct. Halloween run northeast PA. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Oct. Halloween run northeast PA.

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Well, I guess I'll get this started now... Oct. 29th-31st, Freeland based run.

Here's what I have in mind:
Friday the 29th - night wheeling and/or haunted attractions (depending on when everyone arrives)
Sat. - wheelin the same place as this weekend but diff. trails, and NOT waiting for 2 hrs. for j**ps that take 2 hrs to make a 20 min trip and break anyway.
Sat. night - BBQ and night wheelin or haunted attractions.
Sun. - light local trails.

So either friday or sat. night we'll hit some haunted attractions around here and try to hit some real haunted attractions in the woods.

Nothing is set in stone as to when we do what, for those of you that came up this past weekend (labor day), ya know how we roll.... just play it by ear and what we all feel like doing, and just have a good time.

If anyone has any other ideas for this feel free to post your ideas here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How newb friendly are these trails? I've never been off-roading before, so will my lack of skill be a problem? My truck has 33's + full size spare and I take instruction very well, so I'd like to participate if possible. What are your thoughts?

How newb friendly are these trails? I've never been off-roading before, so will my lack of skill be a problem? My truck has 33's + full size spare and I take instruction very well, so I'd like to participate if possible. What are your thoughts?

are you open/open? (diffs)
how much lift?
willing to bounce off a few rocks?
willing to use the skinny pedal when instructed?

as long as you can trust your spotter (usually me) you'll do fine.

im suposed to be in delaware that weekend, but all things considered im not sure if i will be ging away with that person....

leave me on the definately interested maby list for now....

I took my stock '00 Eddie with no lift and stock size tires and managed just fine. Skunk is an excellent spotter and won't let your truck get too roughed up. The trials we went on weren't anything major for the most part. Plus it was my first time out in Moose (my Ex), so we kept the carnage to a minimum.

Hopefully by next time I'll have a 2-3'' lift on the truck.

I've got 4.10 gears and limited slip diffs. 3 inch body lift, torsion twist and shackles. Still need recovery points, but will have them in place before I do any wheeling.

puttin locker in this weekend anyone game to help, (don, jay)umhum

I've got 4.10 gears and limited slip diffs. 3 inch body lift, torsion twist and shackles. Still need recovery points, but will have them in place before I do any wheeling.

your more than fine with that setup, what limited slip did u put in the front?

bstarz65: what brand/type (lunchbox/carrier) locker are you putting in? rear?

I didn't put any limited slip in the front. Is the stock diff in the front open even if the rear is limited slip? My axle code is D2 which lead me to believe that both were limited slip, though I don't know for sure.

I didn't put any limited slip in the front. Is the stock diff in the front open even if the rear is limited slip? My axle code is D2 which lead me to believe that both were limited slip, though I don't know for sure.

your front diff is open then.... they didnt make a factory front limited slip, but your still fine with your setup.

sounds like a bliizasst haha

aaaand as for you Brian maybe i can help but i might be doing my snorkel this weekend so I'd hafta convince the wife to hold off till next weekend to hang out

You're really determined to get that snorkel on there aren't ya? I'd worry about the tie rods first. :D

I dunno, that's a long drive for me! Oh wait... :D

I've already taken off that whole weekend, and if anyone's interested in just haunted house attractions, Skunk and I will be visiting some around Philly/Harrisburg during the weekends leading up to Halloween if you want to join us (we'll probably be dragging Rookie and/or Tara and/or Ben along too) :cool:

I'm up for haunted attractions on the weekends before. I'm about 30 minutes from Philly off the lansdale exit on the north east exstention.

let meh no since i live here haha and yay picked up my snorkel top today =]

i have that weekend off already as well, but as i said it depends on a certain someone else at this point... and no im not talking about jen...

i have that weekend off already as well, but as i said it depends on a certain someone else at this point... and no im not talking about jen...

is it Hannah Montana?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whinnie the pooh-?

Back