Latest PCM RC code? 2008 V8. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest PCM RC code? 2008 V8.

pjw73nh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 LTD
Greetings,

I just signed on the dotted line for a 2008 exp V8 Limited w/tow package. It is (obviously) used, from a dealer, but once I take delivery, only has a 30 day warranty and that is ONLY for state inspection covered items. I looked over here and found that there is an issue with the PCM code that causes the vehicle to lurch forward when stopped or in traffic.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2008/transmission/transmission_lurches.shtml

Where I haven't taken delivery yet, I was hoping that I could find the latest PCM code rev here, and ask my dealer to install it before I take delivery.

If there is a resource where I can find this info, please direct me to it. I tried a search and came up empty handed.

Thanks.

P....

Thank you very much Jupiterak,

Great info to have.

Is the IDS release "51.8 or 52.1" The actual calibration/code rev, or is that the rev of the application they use to program the PCM/TCM? I was hoping to have a "rev number" of the specific upload that I could give to the dealer. I like to be as specific as possible. With my 6.0 diesel, the rev numbers look something like "3C3A-12A650-BDC" .

Thanks.

Back