Lcpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lcpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport

Cpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport

Hello, my name is Adam. I have a 2001 Explorer Sport. I lived in Pensacola Florida most of my life but half way through my Senior year my mother moved to Fultondale, Alabama, which is about one mile north of the Birmingham city limit. I graduated high school and joined the Marine Corps obviously by my name on this site. I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan, which is where I have been since May of 2004. I will remain here until October of 2007 then I get out of the Marine Corps to become a custom car stereo fabricator and installer. I am going to go to Acoustic Edge Institute in Houston, Texas and take all of the class because it is free and covered by my military VA. I have experience in automobile repossesions. I am currently becoming a certified professional locksmith. And currently also learning to work with fiberglass starting with a few vehicles over here who need subwoofer boxes built and fabricated. I enjoy anything to do with cars or trucks. I am a stereo addict also with six twelves in my Explorer. I come home on leave every now and then and work hard on my truck. I came home in February about almost two months ago and dropped around 4,500.00 in the thing. I have over 12,000.00 invested in it. Much more to come. I won't stop until it is show quality. Everything interior has to be redone and I need air ride suspension. The truck is in the body shop. Here is a before and after shot of the truck. I apologize for the large pics. I am using a work computer and I cannot change the sizes. Or at least I don't have the time to.
Here is the list of mods:
6-MTX 5500 DVC 12'S
3-MTX 801D MONO AMPS
1.0 FARAD SWX CAPACITOR
STREET WIRES DISTRIBUTION BLOCK
STREET WIRES CABLES
PIONEER HEAD UNIT
ROCKFORD FOSGATE 5X7 IN FRONT AND REAR
FLUSH MOUNT TWEETERS
PASSPORT 8500 RADAR DETECTOR
10" NEON BLUE LIGHTS UNDER DASH AND REAR SEATS
2-6.5 IN. SUN VISOR TV'S
10.4 IN. FLIP DOWN TV REAR SEATS
5% TINT ALL AROUND
CUSTOM PAINTED CLADDING
CUSTOM CUT FOG LIGHT HOLES
CUSTOM FOG LIGHTS
CLEAR CORNERS
BILLET GRILLES TOP AND BOTTOM
ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS
XPLORER EMBLEM, SHAVED "E"
SHAVED "SPORT" EMBLEM
LOWERED WINDSHIELD WIPER
VIPER 791XV W/REMOTE START AND TRACKING
CUSTOM "HEARING PROTECTION REQUIRED" STICKER
CUSTOM "MTX AUDIO" STICKER
20" BOSS 301 RIMS WITH BF GOODRICH TIRES
20" CHROME DUST PLATES BEHIND RIMS
LOWERED 2-1/2 INCHES
CUSTOM SCT EMBLEM
PAINTED AND DETAILED ENGINE COMPARTMENT
2-10" NEON WHITE LIGHTS FOR UNDER HOOD LIGHTS
VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE
JET PERFORMANCE CHIP (REMOVED)
SCT XCALIBRATOR II PROGRAMER MODULE
GIBSON CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
BLUE UNDER BODY LIGHTS
HID 10,000K HEADLIGHTS
BLUE CORNER MARKER LIGHTS
OPTIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY

stocktruck.jpg

truckgrass2.jpg

leavepics013.jpg

leavepics067.jpg

leavepics119.jpg

leavepics116.jpg

leavepics094.jpg

leavepics048.jpg

77c1c3d1.jpg

leavepics062.jpg

leavepics060.jpg

e28fedbe.jpg

f5f10d1d.jpg

e3fa0d21.jpg

53a89771.jpg

ae1b2c2b.jpg

499f38e4.jpg

0fc2366c.jpg

59a932f5.jpg

4f36ce19.jpg

449cf4e4.jpg

435275d8.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well- let me know when i can be of a help with any of that stuff.

btw- make very very sure your roof was done right and welded etc.- i'm sure they either bondoed it up or warped it while welding it and had to use way too much bondo. with your system your roof will definitely move enough to crack that bondo. make sure you talk to the owner guy about the roof.

-drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good point. I will make sure to let the owner know to make sure it was welded.

nice looking truck besides how they screwed everything up lol. i agrre tho let him try one last time but as i handed him the keys i would mention thats if it is not done right you will contacting your lawyer, maybe that will motivate him to make sure its done right, good luck with it, sucks they F'ed it up so bad tho...

I'm actually sickened by what happened to the truck. Sure would be nice catching whoever messed the thing up in the first place. Fingerprints?

And the job that body shop did. Goodness, I think I could of done better and I have no clue.

However, The truck is awesome! You'll recover from this and hopefully come out better. I think the body shop owes you something more that just the work you wanted done in the first place.

One suggestion. Take the sticker's off the truck. Don't flaunt that you have a bad a$$ stereo in there. You're presence will be felt anyways but the stickers are no good.

Good luck to ya.

Jakee, there were no finger prints. The police said that they saw a car which looked like and old 90's model mercedes and asked me if I knew anyone with one and asked me if I told anyone that the truck would be at the body shop. Well the kicker here is that my best friend at home who I worked with for about 7 months repoing cars, has an old mercedes which fit the description and also is white which was the color that the police described. He knows how to get into cars with out damaging them just like I do. He does it for a living. So we have an investigation going on and hopefully if we bust his ass, I will get some sort of compensation out of it. I also spoke to the body man today Drew, and he said that the holes were all filled in with fiberglass. He said it would be fine with that. The sticker on the rear window is not on there any more and when I get home the front one is coming off. I don't think the sticker matters anyways because there is an expensive alarm that is pretty bad azz on there with the pager and it works awesome. viper 791xv. the reason it did not go off is because it was not armed. The guy at the body shop left it outside and did not arm it. So if someone tried to break into it with the alarm on it I am sure they would change their mind once it went off.

CPL DOZIER said:
Jakee, there were no finger prints. The police said that they saw a car which looked like and old 90's model mercedes and asked me if I knew anyone with one and asked me if I told anyone that the truck would be at the body shop. Well the kicker here is that my best friend at home who I worked with for about 7 months repoing cars, has an old mercedes which fit the description and also is white which was the color that the police described. He knows how to get into cars with out damaging them just like I do. He does it for a living. So we have an investigation going on and hopefully if we bust his ass, I will get some sort of compensation out of it. I also spoke to the body man today Drew, and he said that the holes were all filled in with fiberglass. He said it would be fine with that. The sticker on the rear window is not on there any more and when I get home the front one is coming off. I don't think the sticker matters anyways because there is an expensive alarm that is pretty bad azz on there with the pager and it works awesome. viper 791xv. the reason it did not go off is because it was not armed. The guy at the body shop left it outside and did not arm it. So if someone tried to break into it with the alarm on it I am sure they would change their mind once it went off.

If it turns out to be your old friend then shame on him. What goes around comes around. Hopefully it'll come around to whoever did this. The thing that sickens me so much is people work there butts off to get things like this. And for a criminal to just take it. Then when they get caught we all have to pay for there room and board. But, better that than them on the streets making society worse.

Looks like things are getting better. You'll probably come out with a better job from the shop being that this happened and the guy probably feels a little responsible. He could pay you by doing a great job on what you paid for.

Yes and hopefully it will be done by the time I try to come home from Okinawa in November. News now is the alarm was ripped out of the back when it was broken into, and it was taken to the audio shop where it was installed and has been fixed and the alarm is in now full working order. The owner of the body shop personally took the truck there.

sorry to hear about ur ride, looked very good not to long ago, i'msure you will get it back in shape soon enough. How hard is it ot get the paint on the gray plastic trim!!!!!!!

CPL (congrats on the promotion, my brother is waiting on his from the 4/14) hate this happened to you. Where did you go for this "work". Ill spread the bad news.

Bernie Kincaid and Larry Langford announced today that they would install surveillance cameras in high crime areas, and in your area. Give them credit for being years too late. But the cops get assault rifles and tasers!

Let me know if I can help any.

DTL, the plastic trim is a piece of cake to paint. You need to prep the plastic by sanding first, then applying plastic adhesion promoter, then bodyfill/prime, and paint.

Gatorblazer, the body shop is Gooch's Paint and Body in Adamsville Alabama. It is up Hwy. 78 North from interstate 20/59

Thought it would be cool to photo shop the x.
ttt.jpg

Looks good slammed

It'll look even better in February when I can really do it....raise and lower that is with fast bags.

Well, my truck is officially out of the body shop AGAIN. And everyone says it is beautiful. I can't wait to see it and take some pics for ya'll. Also my new Pioneer Avic Z-1 got installed with a little device enabling me to use the navigation and dvd's while riding. I also bought an ipod interface and had that hooked up and everything is waiting on me to get home. Can't wait. I am soo excited.

New X

Here you have it...White with Ocean Blue Pearl. Shaved roof rack, antenna, emblems, rear window wiper, and bumper. Fabricated roll pan around exhaust.
explorer1.jpg

explorer.jpg

Box build pics. 2-2006 RE Audio x.. 12's. Two US Amps AX3000DE amps.
box_build1.jpg

box_build2.jpg

box_build4.jpg

box_build3.jpg

Kinetik HC 2400 rear battery
kinetik.jpg

Kinetik HC 1800 main front battery
kinetik1.jpg

New Pioneer Avic Z-1
pioneer_avic_z-1.jpg

z-1.jpg

10.5 flipdown and Z-1
10_5_flipdown.jpg

local car audio shop db meter at 149
149_db_.jpg

AX3000DE_.jpg

Looks really sweet. I was stationed on the rock up in Camp Hansen from 74 - 76. Man was it great to get back home. I made E4 in 18 months.

USMC 1973 - 1976 "Semper Fi"

73 de Dave/N2JBO "Just Being Obnoxious"

6 months left in the Corps.

Back