• Register Today It's free!

leaf spring bushings on my X!

jake122288

Reaction score
City, State
Pleasantville, iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 4-door xlt 4x4
Ok i have a 94 Explorer. and i replaced the shackles for the rear leaf springs...upon taking out the bolts that connect the shackle to the leaf spring, it pulled the whole bushing with it (inner metal sleeve and rubber) but left the outter metal ring of the bushings...how do i get this removed from the leaf spring so i can put in my new bushings? i tried pliers and vise grips and i pb blasted it to try and loosen it but no luck. Any recomendations

heat it with a torch and you can drive it out with a punch and chisel. as the sleve folds in upon itself it will loosen the fit and drive out
id recommend that you check that you need it removed by test fitting your replacement bushings as some aftermarket bushings will re use the old outer sleve

if you do replace any of the other bushings make sure to not remove the sleve on the frame to shackle bushing

heat it with a torch and you can drive it out with a punch and chisel. as the sleve folds in upon itself it will loosen the fit and drive out
id recommend that you check that you need it removed by test fitting your replacement bushings as some aftermarket bushings will re use the old outer sleve

if you do replace any of the other bushings make sure to not remove the sleve on the frame to shackle bushing

yup it needs removed..i already have the new bushings and they have the outter sleeve and they arent coming outta the new outta sleeve lol

Back