• Register Today It's free!

leaf spring bushings

cerberusaardvark

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt
hey guys super desperate here. ive been looking for polyurethane leaf spring shackle bushings, but the only kind ive found are the energy suspension ones. those bushings are the incorrect size; they dont fit the eyelets. the leaf springs are from a 97 explorer, dont know if that matters. searched rockauto, jcwhiney, summit, cant find any that arent energy suspension. any links you can send me?

Bushings from a 2nd gen explorer don't fit the leaves from a 1st gen explorer (your doing the opposite, which won't work either).

We went through this when we got our OME-36 springs years ago. We didn't notice that 1/2 of the bushing was lying in the driveway of Rick's house (where we got the springs from). I spent a week trying to find replacement bushings for our springs (which were based on 2nd gens) and no one had them..

From what I gathered though, the stock bushings were poly which is why no one makes an after market set.

~Mark

darn! i already burned two of the bushings out of the eyelet before i realized that my replacements wouldnt work. maybe if i machined new eyelets to fit them and cut out the old ones. we'll see how that goes.

Back