• Register Today It's free!

Leaf Spring clip question

springer275

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 5.0L AWD
I removed the air-ride system from my 2000 XLT 5.0L and put in a 3 inch lift kit and added a 36" leaf spring to the existing springs in the back. The problem is that the clip that holds the the spring firmly together only fits the orginal thickness of the spring.

Does anyone have a solution or a place where I can get a thicker clip?

Trying to get this all put together and 31" tires bought before winter.

I removed the air-ride system from my 2000 XLT 5.0L and put in a 3 inch lift kit and added a 36" leaf spring to the existing springs in the back. The problem is that the clip that holds the the spring firmly together only fits the orginal thickness of the spring.

Does anyone have a solution or a place where I can get a thicker clip?

Trying to get this all put together and 31" tires bought before winter.

I believe all you need to do is bend the tops of the clips straight up, and they should still work fine. As long as they are on there, they will be keeping the leafs aligned. I don't have them so someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I never bothered putting mine back on. With the shock mount bolts on both sides of the leaf springs I didn't see how they would move much so I just didn't bother. I'm sure suspension guys are cringing but I wasn't going to do any hard rock crawling or anthing else that would put much side force on the springs.

Back