• Register Today It's free!

Leaf Spring Codes?

GuapoGuy469

Reaction score
City, State
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I have a 1998 Explorer Sport and the rear sags a little so I called a local auto parts dealer to attempt to purchase a pair of the quad pack leaf springs (by the advice of many on this website, thx for the tip!), but they asked me for my "leaf spring code". What the heck does this mean and how do I know what mine are?!? Thx for your help guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your Sport may have the mono-leaf instead of a leaf pack like the 4 doors. If you're going to swap out the mono-leaf, I believe you're looking for "F" code leaf packs. The only other leaves available are for the air bag suspension which take softer "H" code springs. If you're looking for an "Add-A-Leaf" for your mono-leaf Sport, there isn't one. AALs should not be added to mono-leaf applications. You're better off swapping in a four door leaf pack.

Dave.

Thanks Dave, I was going crazy trying to figure out the code. I do have a monoleaf but I was worried about what Quad pack I needed. Thanks a heap buddy you saved me! I'm really new to this sort of thing, all the mods I do are on fourwheelers!
Thanks again,
-Greg

No problem, Greg.

But, it wouldn't hurt to double check the VIN sticker in your door jamb, like jayhawk mentioned.

Welcome to the Forum.

D.

Back