• Register Today It's free!

Leaf spring mods or SOA?

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
I have searched several times for the exact details of the Zimmerman leaf spring mod and I get the point but does it yield any lift? I currently have shackles that gave me a about a 1.5" lift which is what I am after but I want more droop travel. Has anyone ever done a SOA with a Ranger leaf pack to give me 1.5 to 2" lift over stock? My Ex is a two door so I don't know how much different the leaf pack is from the four doors. I have a pair of ranger leaves and would like to use them one way or another.

The other question is is there an easy way to mount the shocks for more travel. I know that I could mount a new crossmember and angle them more. Currently the stock length shocks are limiting droop travel.

Thanks for any help.

you could add the top and next one down from the ranger pack cut the eyes off and put them in the stock leaf pack should get another 2" and you could get rid of the swaybar if you havnt already and put the shocks where it mounts to the axle mines setup like that and got 5" lift with the stock shocks not limiting it

Old springs sag. You could get a new set of stock springs. They will give you better articulation. They may even give you an inch or two of lift.

I can't afford to buy anything new, I just want to work with what I have and acheive the best articulation possible. I have no sway bar and if I mount the lower to the sway bar mounts doesn't that limit up travel? The stock length shocks only have 10" of travel. My main concern is gaining droop travel not more lift.

Back